emilyjmasters's review against another edition

Super cute- love the illustrations and the cadence of the words. I actually didn’t know how Sue the T Rex was found and got her name, so I really enjoyed this.

jmshirtz's review against another edition

I blame my brother for my extreme interest in paleontology; he was obsessed with dinosaurs when we were little. This story was wonderful and exciting! Plus, I love sharing stories of women in science fields with my daughters. <3

rhodesee's review against another edition

A wonderful read for aspiring paleontologists and dinosaur lovers. I love the additional information and resources included at the end.

mackenzievirginia's review against another edition

adventurous informative lighthearted

crystal_reads's review against another edition

The author note brings up the complicated aspects of ownership, but somehow I wish it was in the text. The Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe and the individual (Sioux tribal member) who owned the land and others were disputing ownership.

emilyjmasters's review

jessoehrlein's review

Tells the story of Sue Hendrickson from being a child who loved looking for and finding things through finding Sue the T-Rex.

There's a big emphasis here on Hendrickson as smart and not like other children as a kid, and that was a little off-putting.

It also talks about her being shy and then at the end calls her "once-shy." And I wonder if maybe she's still shy, but has found her people? The book points out that when she was an adult, she joined a team of other finders for the first time; I kind of wish more