The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, by Trenton Lee Stewart

km33's review against another edition

adventurous dark hopeful mysterious sad medium-paced

readingina's review against another edition

Very very good books, I just outgrew them by the time I got to the second one and didn’t feel like I wanted to finish. It’s definitely better for middle schoolers/young high school.

letyourmindwander's review against another edition

2.5/5 Stars
Good story but slow-paced (like the first book) and -- even with all the adventures-- boring.

bookworm_baggins's review against another edition

2020:
I needed a fun but exciting, not stressful book this week and revisiting MBS book 2 was perfect. In my memory books 2 and 3 were disappointing, but when I looked back at my 5 star review I seemed to love this 6 years ago. I flew through it this week too, alternating between print and audio (the narrator is one of the worst I’ve ever heard, but I just wanted to keep reading). This story isn’t nearly as good as book 1, but it has its own beautiful, hilarious, teamwork filled moments. Not a perfect book, objectively 4 stars, but I’ve read it at the perfect time twice, so 5 stars it remains.

2014:
I've fallen for these characters and can't get enough of their adventures. I love how they work together, each has a weakness that the others understand and a strength that the others need.

et015's review against another edition

adventurous challenging hopeful mysterious medium-paced

milkyboos's review against another edition

holding these four wonderful children in my heart forever

arushi_a13's review against another edition

Hehe....I faked sleeping every time my dad came into my room to see if I was awake. But I was reading until I finished the book.

abileigh's review against another edition

I loved this book, almost as much as the first. Some parts got a little bit on the confusing side, but it was just as exciting as the first one. I would recommend this whole series to anyone who loves adventure.

chinchillas's review against another edition

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

Kate, Reynie, Sticky, and Constance are very excited about a fabulous event planned for them by Mr. Benedict and their parents. But something goes terribly wrong. In the first book in the series the children figure out that Mr. Curtain is Mr. Benedict's evil twin brother. So far Mr. Curtain is trying to get revenge from past events which means capturing his brother, Mr. Benedict. Instead of listening to their parents, the children decide run away from home to rescue Mr. Benedict. The children are guided by the clues that Mr. Benedict made. They each must solve and find various clues testing their strengths and weakness. Will they follow the clues and make it to Mr.Benedict? Or will they fail to succeed?
Trenton Lee Stewart helps readers understand that people can be changed by others. Like a character who worked for Mr. Curtain. She hated the members of the Mysterious Benedict Society. But in a time of danger Mr. Curtain left her to die. Afterwards she, helped the Mysterious Benedict Society and is no longer working for Mr. Curtain, and told them his plans.
Readers will enjoy this book because it has many wonderful aspects. Such as adventure and mystery. It also has a low level of violence. Even though there is not much violence, it still is very action packed and exciting.

smurf's review against another edition

I still enjoyed the first book in the trilogy but I must say, for a sequel it was very good. The Society finds themselves on a hair raising adventure with as many twists and turns as their first. You can tell the kids are a bit older, smarter, and more mature, and it shows with how they handle themselves throughout some serious moments. Definitely another captivating book by Trenton Lee Stewart. Very good.