Citrus, Vol. 5, by Saburouta

shlackspot's review

The last chapter made me go with three stars instead of two or maybe two and a half. I really wanted to see Yuzu’s and Mei’s relationship evolve a little bit more after what happened in the last volume, but I got a whole arc about Aihara’s bigger sister being mad about the current student council ??? I was a little bit disappointed, since I couldn’t see really the point of the arc more than not showing Mei and Yuzu evolve with their feelings.

As I said before, what made me go with three stars was the last chapter. I’m really glad, because we saw a new side of Aihara, a character I’ve always felt that deserves more development, a new side of Yuzu loving herself thanks to Mei, Aihara and that junior student, her whole speech about her convictions, love and friendship, wich I thought it was the cutest thing in the world; and we also see a new side of Mei, fighting for what she believes and talking more to Yuzu, skipping rules just to kiss her after school in their grandpa’s office, making Mei’s character feel a lot less flat. I liked it a lot, and I felt it deserved three stars since we see so much character development everywhere.

cristinajune's review

I really liked this one. Especially Yuzu's speech and Mei attitude towards her

samanthamsouza's review

Tá bom, finalmente um volume que eu amei de novo! Apesar de não entender tão bem qual o rolê da irmã mais velha da Harumi, adorei que agora a Yuzu e a Mei tão namorando e que a Yuzu tem uma fã, hahaha. Não sei, achei esse volume todo muito bom!

thegreatergatsby's review

MY GOD WAS THAT GOOD!!!!!

ckreads28's review

Super cute and passionate =D

esmireadsalot's review

Really liked the plot of this volume. Finding and accepting yourself without others influence is hard but once you accomplish it you feel so much better.

elanna_g's review

I don't know why, but I just couldn't connect to the characters the way I used to in this volume. Hopefully it picks up again in the next one.

annaclaire's review

I am definitely a sap for relationship building once people have an established relationship. I like to see characters work on their problems while they are actively trying to be together. This is not that. Last volume ended with Yuzu and Mei "starting to date" but there wasn't anything that really changed. I get that just by saying you are dating, it doesn't magically fix problems in relationships or in yourself, but I feel like it took 4 volumes for these girls to accept that they wanted to try and date and that still doesn't make them any different. They built up the decision of getting into a relationship so much the first 4 volumes that I would assume by agreeing to date something must have given way in their stubbornness. That did not happen, they are both super stubborn and uncommunicative with each other. Especially Mei, which I get, but obviously something changed to get to this point of letting Yuzu in as far as she has, then still treats her like someone to mange and push around. It just kind of confused me. I guess this is just much more slow burn then I thought it would be. And a bit of the abusiveness is back which kind of pisses me off since I thought we had moved past that. Half way through and we are holding at a steady "it's fine". The art is honestly keeping me alive right now, maybe some of the angst and crumbs that we get but that's on thin ice.

moonsilusi's review

Rating: 4,5
This story gets more interesting in every chapter, the reason why I don't give a rating of five stars to this volme is because the election thing is a little bit boring, but the rest is as good as always in the previous volumes. Super recommended.

yashirolevi's review

okay things are getting back on track but i feel its just a little too push and pull by both of them, aren't they tired