Reviews tagging 'Sexual content'

Take a Hint, Dani Brown, by Talia Hibbert

meeklovestoread's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

Ms. Tailia Hibert has surprised me again. I read Get a Life, Chloe Brown and ended up loving and Take a Hint, Dani Brown exceeded my expectations. It did take me a couple pages to get into the groove of things but after that I was ultimately HOOKED!

I found Dani's struggles with romance to be so relatable because I struggled with it as well and I've never seen that representation depicted in romance books so to see it here really tugged at my heartstrings. Seeing Dani dealing with cognitive dissonance in terms of her aversion towards romantic relationships versus her feelings with Zafir was depicted so realistically that I felt every word. Which is why I felt like the "3rd act breakup" in this book was pretty reasonable.

Although I'm not too knowledgeable on what people with anxiety disorders go through I have read and learned about it previously and I feel like Talia depicted Zafir's anxiety with great care. I also like how normalized men's mental health is in this book. Zafir was very in touch with his emotions and never tried to hide his feelings.

I usually am not a big fan of the faking dating trope but she did it so well in this book that I had to love it. Their "relationship" was so beautiful. I love their interactions, their banter, the way they cared for one another, helped each other grow, and most importantly accepted each other for who they are. This book was breath of fresh air and I definitely recommend.

Note: there are spicy scenes in here so if that's not your thing I recommend skipping those scenes + plus there's a couple mentions of witchcraft in here I know certain people may not like to read such things due to religious reasons or whatever the case may be so that's something to keep in mind

tspice24's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

cassielaj's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

So cute! I continue to be impressed by Talia Hibbert’s ability to write hilarious dialogue and powerful emotional discussion in the same page. Zaf’s story of grief, loss, and anxiety especially resonated with me.

mjwhitlock18's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful

A fake-relationship romance between a chaotic bisexual feminist witchy  PhD student and a guarded, anxious, Muslim ex-rugby player/die-hard romantic. The sex scenes and sexual language continue to be a bit much for me, but I appreciate the witty banter and chemistry these two have, so I’ll overlook it.

niita's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective tense fast-paced

I want to admit that when I was first introduced to Danika, I did not like her at all. I guess that’s because we’re opposites when it comes to our ideas on relationships. But I have to say I liked this book. The 🌶🌶 was really good and I’m glad that Zafir got the happy ending he absolutely deserves. 💖🥰

tinkithesquirelll's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

socialpsysteph's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

I really enjoyed the first book in this series and have heard such things about the trilogy as a whole, so I was really excited to pick this up. In the end, I may even like this one more than the first! I really liked Dani as a character and felt like I could really relate to her in several ways. Zaf is a wonderful character and I loved him and Dani together. As usual, the author handles mental health issues amazingly well and I love the representation that brings into these stories. If you want a fun romance that adds a little weight with some deeper topics, would definitely recommend this.

This book counts for Popsugar 2022 for a romance book by a BIPOC author.

ramalam98's review against another edition

emotional medium-paced
Review witheld pending the resolution of the harper collins strikes

amandalorianxo's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted reflective relaxing medium-paced

Loved this one just as much as the first. I loved that this was a interracial relationship with two people of color. Dani and Zaf understood the point of what it meant to have a fake relationship. However, Zaf is also the blueprint for men enjoying romance novels and it made him so much more endearing. I do wish Dani didn’t self-sabotage because Zaf really was meant for her in the best way possible. The buildup and angst were great & im looking forward to Eve’s story. Talia has slowly eased myself back into enjoying romance novels. ❤️💛

kottengoesbork's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced