Reviews tagging 'Death of parent'

Take a Hint, Dani Brown, by Talia Hibbert

mystique_reads's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

hollowhallow13's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

chattie_the_mad_chatter's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

The first chapter I spent hysterically laughing the last chapter I spent a bit teary eyed.

My 2nd Talia Hibbert and again we have an adorable couple, healthy relationship based on communication and respect, brilliant chemistry and the bond of sisterly love is there to provide warm hugs and alot of teasing when needed.
One character has anxiety, both characters have things in their past they need to move forward from both handled sensitively. I always appreciate Talia Hibbert putting a note at the front of her books about topics covered that could affect readers.

This book is very sex positive, female body positive as well as being a fun read.

smontgomery's review against another edition

emotional slow-paced
Cute, clear TW, light without being vapid

meeklovestoread's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

Ms. Tailia Hibert has surprised me again. I read Get a Life, Chloe Brown and ended up loving and Take a Hint, Dani Brown exceeded my expectations. It did take me a couple pages to get into the groove of things but after that I was ultimately HOOKED!

I found Dani's struggles with romance to be so relatable because I struggled with it as well and I've never seen that representation depicted in romance books so to see it here really tugged at my heartstrings. Seeing Dani dealing with cognitive dissonance in terms of her aversion towards romantic relationships versus her feelings with Zafir was depicted so realistically that I felt every word. Which is why I felt like the "3rd act breakup" in this book was pretty reasonable.

Although I'm not too knowledgeable on what people with anxiety disorders go through I have read and learned about it previously and I feel like Talia depicted Zafir's anxiety with great care. I also like how normalized men's mental health is in this book. Zafir was very in touch with his emotions and never tried to hide his feelings.

I usually am not a big fan of the faking dating trope but she did it so well in this book that I had to love it. Their "relationship" was so beautiful. I love their interactions, their banter, the way they cared for one another, helped each other grow, and most importantly accepted each other for who they are. This book was breath of fresh air and I definitely recommend.

Note: there are spicy scenes in here so if that's not your thing I recommend skipping those scenes + plus there's a couple mentions of witchcraft in here I know certain people may not like to read such things due to religious reasons or whatever the case may be so that's something to keep in mind

maximauve's review against another edition

funny hopeful fast-paced

ebbyreads's review

God this book was so boring. It did not live up to the hype. The characters fell flat. Dani was so damn annoying. There was like zero chemistry between the two mc. I’d rather read my car manual than another word of this book. I found myself skimming the pages just to try and get through it. There was not any drama either.

tspice24's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

cassielaj's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

So cute! I continue to be impressed by Talia Hibbert’s ability to write hilarious dialogue and powerful emotional discussion in the same page. Zaf’s story of grief, loss, and anxiety especially resonated with me.

alicelalicon's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced