The Other Merlin by Robyn Schneider

adventurous funny lighthearted medium-paced

ruby85's review

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

libss's review

adventurous funny hopeful tense medium-paced

gioherondale_'s review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

I fell in love with the characters, Emry especially, I think she’s a great protagonist, I immediately empathized with her. Of course I loved Arthur and Lance, and THEIR TRIO!!! The relationships and dynamics between all of them, the trust and care and acceptance, it was all beautiful. Also THE BANTER IN THIS BOOK. HILARIOUS.
At first this looks like a low-stakes, cozy fantasy, and while that might be true in a way, there were a lot of parts throughout the book where I was STRESSED. Every time I had to put the book down ‘cause I had something to do, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Highly recommend it for a binge-read.
Jumping straight into the sequel!

spidotonyx's review

The cover of my book is different from the one here , the one I read is similar to the other books.Very interesting book , there were some twist to the historical history . The twist made it interesting and the characters are amazing. It was a fun book , I found my self laughing at some of the conversations between the characters. I mean what is a Merlin story without jokes

hilwithonel's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

booklover160's review

I actually really liked this one! We follow Emry, the daughter of the famous Merlin, as she takes her twin brother's place in King Uther's court, getting close to Prince Arthur and Lancelot. I liked that this was written in a modern way but still taking place in the past. It felt refreshing. I liked the writing and enjoyed all the sarcasm and wit.

I really liked Emry and Arthur's characters. And their slowly building relationship. I think it was well written and well paced. I liked the whole cast of characters really, even Gawain. I really want to see Emry and Guin become friends in book 2!

What I didn't like as much was how long it took for the boys to figure out she was a girl. It was like 60% of the book? It kind of felt odd that she acted so girly and herself and they were none the wiser. But then, boys really are foolish.

Overall, this was a different take on the Arthur/Merlin story and it was pretty good! I am definitely looking forward to more books!

frecklesnfantasy's review against another edition

wonderful

I grew up watching Merlin BBC so I got very excited when I saw this book on Likewise and then looked it up on goodreads. I am also unashamed to admit that I read it all in one night. I can’t WAIT for the 2nd book in this series to be released! I just know it’s going to be amazing!

harukku's review against another edition

This book was amazing. It was funny, charming and overall enjoyable to read. I was rooting for every character in the story. The book was fast paced and easy to read. This is definitely a book where you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover.

This book was what I needed after a stressful day.