Resist Me, by Lauren Connolly

kipepeo's review

emotional hopeful reflective fast-paced

This was the sweetest book of the three, I think! I loved the family vibes and how it all came together and of course the pittie was a big bonus. Luna is a badass character and Charlie balances her out well.

jolie13's review

emotional inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

charlee92's review

lighthearted tense medium-paced

this one was just ok. it was sort of if the roles reversed in the first book. very easy read. as I am not taiwanese or black I am not sure how accurate her portrayal of either race was, but it didn't feel icky which I am taking as a good sign. happy ending, fake marriage trope, and another cute pit bull.

raeganbillinger's review

emotional hopeful tense medium-paced

desireeaguilar24's review

I liked the romance, but I was expecting a little more in regards to the stalking part of it with her.

meganh10's review

emotional funny fast-paced

romanthiccreader's review

This series, man. It's so freaking good.

I think one of the things I loved the most about this book was Charlie Keller. I mean, what a cute little bundle of sunshine. Charlie reminds me a lot of my own partner, in that they are very patient and in NO WAY react to things the same way I would. It's really refreshing and calming to be around people like that.

Luna is a prickly pear, and I just wanted to wrap her in bubble wrap and beat the crud out of her parents. And Pig is the cutest puppy to ever puppy and such a good girl!

"Fake" relationships is a trope that is definitely hit or miss for me. This one hit!! That's for sure. I think it helped that they both genuinely enjoyed each other's company, and the slight miscommunications or lack of communications felt really sincere when they did crop up. These were 2 people who had only known each other a handful of days before entering into this fake marriage.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers for Leo's book!!

Also.....vaguely unrelated. Did I detect a teaser for another book / potential spin-off series?? Manuel and Violet have definite vibes! Bodyguard series in the future???