Wanderers, by Chuck Wendig

raelee's review against another edition

What the fuck

emersonernest's review against another edition

REVIEW CONTAINS VULGAR LANGUAGE.

Holy Fucking Shit. This if so fucking amazing and I want everyone to read it and I need to see the movie and the graphic novel and I might as well induldge in my capitalist, hedonistic lifestyle while I can.

I need to review this again when I'm not having my mind blown from the end of this book.

housefullofbooks's review against another edition

Great story, but too much bad language.

bidufta's review against another edition

dark mysterious sad medium-paced

majban's review against another edition

This book is quite political, and the politics of the book is the part I find the most frightening. The alt-right movement is terrifying! It was interesting to read a book about a pandemic that was written pre-Covid-19. The question I was left with is, was Black Swan evil or not? Was it’s actions for the best of mankind or not? There is no straight answer to that question, I think.

storiwa's review against another edition

Seemed appropriate to read at this time in history.

hugtherocks's review against another edition

The best end-of-the-world book I have read since Stephen King’s The Stand. Possibly better. Fans of King will recognize that Wanderers draws elements from The Stand, The Dead Zone, The Long Walk, and Joe Hill’s The Fireman, but it is also uniquely it’s own story.

While mostly a plague-induced apocalypse story with a bit of a sci-fi twist, it’s set in 2022 USA where political/ideological division is still frighteningly strong. The visceral and violent reaction of (certain) Americans to the Sleepwalkers and the plague is 100% plausible and that’s what makes Wanderers part horror as well.

sweetally's review against another edition

Really 3.5 stars

hoangkynam1912's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful tense fast-paced

flee2454's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark mysterious tense medium-paced