The Midnight Library, by Matt Haig

starkie's review against another edition

I liked the idea of this, but it was really heavy handed in the telling.

kintanakely's review against another edition

hopeful inspiring fast-paced

luznoceda's review against another edition

Some of the negative reviews for this book give off strong anti-recovery vibes.

srahmhl's review against another edition

hated how the author depicted depression and suicide

amd302's review against another edition

What an incredibly moving and thought provoking book. I finished this over two days listening to the audiobook, and my gosh it was amazing. Cannot recommend enough

nazahafreen's review against another edition

Really enjoyed this read. It is the first book outside my comfort genre of sci-fi, romance and period fantasy. I loved the commentary on life and the insights it shares in a very captivating way.

It never felt boring, lengthy and unnecessary. The concept is very refreshing and fun.

dumbidiotenergy's review against another edition

this book is so bad. why does everyone like it. it's uninteresting and not very imaginative. i think the audience is for people older than me with less going on in their lives idk

yem_05's review against another edition

inspiring reflective medium-paced

danidraaisma's review against another edition

I´m so grateful I didn´t end up with what I thought I wanted.
Not too long ago I read this quote on instagram and I didn´t really understand it until I read The Midnight Library.
There are many elements of this books which I think are worth mentioning, but the most important is the lesson taught throughout the story. I won´t spoil it for anyone so I´ll let you figure it out by yourself, but I believe it is quite impactful (you might want to brace yourself for an existencial crisis).
Overall, the story is quite straightforward and easy to read. Although it was quite predictable most of the time, I still found it a very interesting read and was especially fond of the concept of the library and the approach towards the subject of depression.
Would definitely recommend.