Dead Head by C.J. Skuse

whatvictoriaread's review against another edition

dark slow-paced

jemimamc's review

dark funny tense medium-paced

booksandbargains's review against another edition

This was a re-read via audiobook and loved it even more than the read of the physical copy a few years ago ❤️

martinej's review against another edition

dark funny tense medium-paced

catrad's review against another edition

Disclaimer: I absolutely loved the first two Rhiannon books, Sweet Pea and In Bloom. It’s always nerve-wracking, heading into the next in the series when you’ve loved the earlier ones so much. However, I needn’t have worried. Dead Head picks up exactly where In Bloom left off, with the exception of a nice framing chapter which brings a little intrigue – we know from the start that Rhiannon makes it to New York, yet as the book progresses it becomes increasingly difficult to see how!
I’m not going to say too much about the content of the book because SPOILERS, but suffice it to say, if you enjoyed the first two, you’ll love this one. And if you haven’t read the first two yet, WHY NOT?! Crack on!

ellieleggett01's review

adventurous dark emotional funny sad tense medium-paced

baileysbear's review

I absolutely adore this series, Rhiannon Lewis is such an incredible character, I love her!
The third installment did not disappoint, it's brutally brilliant and I can't wait for more!

btpbookclub's review

This is book three in the sweetpea trilogy. I adored the previous two books but for me book one was the best. This was still a brilliant read but also very different from the previous two books as Rhiannon is on the run in this story. This isn’t as dark as the previous books but still a brilliant ending to the trilogy… Is she still a psycho? Did she get away with it all? So many questions.

Easy, fast paced read with short chapters. Going to miss Rhiannons character. An ending that could split readers. Highly recommend the whole trilogy. A well deserved four stars from me.

filemanager's review

3.5 stars

This book was almost like two books in one, the first half was on the cruise ship, then the second half was in Mexico.

I love this series!! On to the e-ARC of Book #4!!

loubraryoftheforest's review

This story gets more and more intriguing! Another brilliant read, more about sweetpea as a person this time and less about her crimes. You feel more akin with her and where she wants to head. Less gore and thrill and more about her as a person. Very good