liveyair's review

hopeful informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

alleta's review

emotional inspiring reflective medium-paced

I found myself reading and rereading parts of this book as adrienne maree brown frames radical ideas in ways I’d never thought about before. These 80 pages are worth every moment as we all learn how to bring transformative justice into our lives.

milliemillz's review

challenging informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

beccadriel's review

hopeful informative reflective fast-paced

glitterdyke's review

the author named the contradictions of when call outs were important but did not do the best job of differentiating between conflict and abuse and what that actually looks like in practice. they named the tensions they felt and the things that they were asked to change from their article and then continued making them- harmful metaphors that needed revision were changed to... other harmful metaphors. i was excited to read this but ultimately it felt like it belonged in a blog post. i do think there is something to be said for the collapse of harm and abuse and the proliferation of celebrity culture but not sure that the author did a good job explaining them. it's interesting the use of "we" and "us," who does that include/exclude?

thereaderfriend's review against another edition

challenging informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

hbflynn's review

"Each of us is precious. We, together, must break every cycle that makes us forget this."

kait_unicorn's review

Despite how slim this book is, it wasn’t something to be read quickly. I so appreciate amb and all her work in the world. This essay captures so much of my own reflections on call outs and the nuanced approach we need in order to understand when a call out is replicating the very systems we’re against, versus leveraging community power in the face of injustice as an act of accountability.

groovywitch's review

challenging hopeful informative inspiring medium-paced

heather_mcintosh's review

challenging hopeful informative inspiring reflective fast-paced