Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn

bhnmt61's review

Another good quarantine distraction. Meg is a calligrapher who is somehow unable to stop drawing subtle messages into her work. Reid is a prospective groom who decodes the hidden message in the wedding program Meg inks for him and his fiancé. When he returns a year later to ask her what she meant, a surprisingly tangled series of events unfurl.

This is a slow burn romance— by the end, I was glued to it, but the beginning requires some patience. Patience that is well rewarded. I loved this one. It’s been a long time since I’ve read romance novels I’ve enjoyed, but if I go back to Unhoneymooners in January, this is three in a row. Good book.

bettielovesbooks's review

It was like 3 hours too long!

nicnewbould's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing tense medium-paced

forloveoflit_'s review against another edition

LOVED THIS BOOK

Th story was so great, bravo for characters with good communication skills! Loved the romance, loved the dynamic characters and relationships with more than just each other

smithrachaelynn's review against another edition

Meg’s character is so cute and relatable. I loved her outlook on things. Reid’s character is also great but I wish we got more of him. I took me until about 50% in to feel invested. I was so close to DNFing this book. I kept going, and it was good not great.

samm1234's review

adventurous emotional funny medium-paced

cm524's review

Cute! Organic and felt like real people with real feelings/problems. A lovely romcom.

novelette's review

Cute storyline about reading and interpreting the signs. I liked that this didn't have the usual romantic lead. She wasn't dumb and ditzy, and he didn't need to "save her"

smfrazer's review

V cute. Would make an excellent vacation/beach read.

alayna017's review against another edition

This was such a good slow-burn romance, I loved it! I think this is my first Clayborn novel, and I’ve put all her backlist on my TBR. The characters felt so genuine and people I’d want to know. I loved the getting-to-know-you period, and I felt like it was so believable. This book exceeded my expectations and I’m thinking about reading it again in the future.