All Roads Lead to You, by Jennifer Probst

sgarrett27's review against another edition

This series just keeps getting better and better!

All Roads Lead to You is Harper Bishop’s story and oh how I loved every single page of this book.

It brings all the feels to you and Harper’s compassion for animals completely melted my heart. Harper loves animals and runs a horse rescue farm on the same property as her sister, Ophelia’s B&B.

This book has a really awesome and unique twist where it brings the world of horse racing into the mix which really piqued my interest. The main animal is her horse Phoenix that she rescued and saw in him a true racer. When Aidan O’Connor comes to the B&B for a little holiday, he never knew he’d find his next champion horse to train. When he finds himself bored, he goes down to the barn and meets Phoenix for the first time. He sees something in him and knows that he has to see what he has. He also wants to get into Harper’s good graces by helping out around the barns.

The connection between Harper and Aidan is intense but they fight it to keep it in Phoenix’s best interests. But eventually, they end up giving in and it turns out to be an absolutely beautiful romance.

I loved all the attitudes that each animal and character has in this book. Phoenix has attitude in spades and when Captain Hoof enters the mix (you’ll see who I mean) things just turn adorable.

All Roads Lead to You is just as much about the animals as it is about Harper and Aidan and I truly loved that!

There is absolutely nothing that I disliked about this book and I truly can’t wait to see what Ms Probst writes next!

mbgreenbooks's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

arhodes202's review against another edition

Another amazing emotional, full of angst read by Jennifer Probst. I've loved this series and have been anxiously waiting for Harper's story. It was all I was hoping for and more. I adored the relationship and interactions between Harper and Aiden from their first meeting. The love they both have for all the broken animals on the farm is heartwarming. But the love they have for each other is breathtaking. I absolutely love Phoenix the abused horse they work with and Captain Hoof, a goat who was also abused and they take in on the farm. Aiden and Harper will melt your heart, break it in two, then put it back together again even stronger. This book will have you laughing and crying and going through all the feels. I love the dynamic of this family and would love to see more from them. What a great read.

cmd2010's review against another edition

adventurous emotional lighthearted medium-paced

seeveraread's review against another edition

All Roads Lead to You is the third book in the Stay series by Jennifer Probst and centers on Harper Bishop. Harper's passion lies in her rescue farm and her spirited horse Phoenix. Aidan O'Connor is vacationing in the US and is staying at Ophelia's B&B. When he meets Phoenix, he feels deep in his soul that Phoenix is his next thoroughbred racer. On the outset, Harper and Aidan are more different than alike, but as the story unfolds they seem to share more similarities than differences.

Jennifer Probst has a way of writing characters who have complex personalities. Her stories aren't set in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood; this particular one is set in New York's Hudson Valley. They aren't billionaires oozing money, but hard-working individuals who scrounge to get money together to enter races with Phoenix. As they work closely together, Aidan and Harper's relationship shifts from bristly and abrupt to partnership and shared passions. There were times when I thought their pasts would prevent the relationship from unfolding, but their willingness to work as team to protect and nurture Phoenix helps them get past obstacles. There relationship was a slow burn... trying desperately to stay professional and failing splendidly.

This book and series cemented my love for all things Jennifer Probst and I will continue to delve into her world of characters and stories.

annarella's review against another edition

Loved this book, rooted for the characters, laughed and was moved.
It's well written, with a great cast of characters, and an engrossing and entertaining plot.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC.

romancelibrarian's review against another edition

ARC provided by Netgalley and the Publisher.

yeahorneighreviews's review against another edition

All Roads Lead to You is a journey your heart won't soon forget! Harper and Aidan are two very hard-headed characters that have built up walls around their hearts. The animals are often scene-stealers, and will run off with your heart as well. They're the perfect buffer between the characters and very well portrayed.

booknightowl's review against another edition

Aidan O’Conner leaves Ireland for a change he needs desperately and finds himself on the ranch of Harper Bishop. Harper is an animal lover of all kinds and has a ranch to save animals who have been abused or neglected. When Aidan and Harper begin working together on a race horse named Phoenix that is when their lives change. If your a big animal lover and love to hear about horse racing 🏇 this book is for you. I found the book a little slow and the chemistry didn’t come to play until we got further towards the end of the book. Thank you Netgalley for providing this arc for an honest review.

dsgirl4987's review against another edition

*I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley and Montlake Romance in exchange for my honest review*

SUMMARY
Harper Bishop runs an animal rescue farm. Being single doesn’t bother her- she gets all the love and happiness she needs from her rewarding work with her rescue animals- namely horses.

Aidan O’Connor has just left his native Ireland. After being betrayed by his former best friend and business partner, he’s decided to come to the US to take some time to clear his head. And decide what his next move will be.

When Aidan checks in to her family’s inn, it’s assumed he’ll be there for a few weeks before he’s on his way. But when Harper decides that one of her rescue horses, Phoenix, was born to race, Aidan offers his help, as horses and training them are his expertise. Soon, though, the attraction and chemistry between the two animal lovers becomes the elephant in the room, and they have to decide what, if anything, they’re going to do about it- all while preparing Phoenix to potentially compete in the Kentucky Derby.

MY THOUGHTS
I really loved this book. I haven’t read the previous two books in the series (yet!), but that didn’t have any effect on understanding or enjoying All Roads Lead to You.

Harper was the perfect independent, knows-what-she-wants heroine. I truly felt she was different from the majority of female characters that I come across in the romance genre. Aidan was also wonderful- sweet, sure of himself, a good heart, and Irish.

All their interactions were written well, and you could feel the connection and tension growing between them with each scene. The secondary characters were appealing and interesting. I especially adored the cast of rescue animals. They really shone in this book, and were integral to the storyline. I found myself just as invested in their story as I was Harper and Aidan’s.

This book was pretty close to perfect- unique and memorable characters, believable chemistry between the two leads, humor, heart, and just the right amount of sexiness. I had to keep reading to see how this book ended, and it made me so happy- I smiled so much when reading this book.

I look forward to reading the previous two installments in the series, and will for sure be seeking out more of Jennifer Probst’s books.