Reviews tagging Cursing

The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune

winters_night's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring sad tense medium-paced

hanaahbi's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny inspiring medium-paced

annapox's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I give the first half of this book 4 stars and the second half 5 stars. The first half is delightful, but it isn't until the second half that it becomes un-put-down-able. Great characters, great story, witty writing. The book could easily have existed without a romantic subplot, but it was a very sweet romantic subplot nonetheless.

prettycloud's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing medium-paced

aidamaria_reads's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted mysterious reflective relaxing sad medium-paced

The House in the Cerulean Sea is such a comforting, funny and fantastical story. I enjoyed every minute of it and even snorted out loud in public while reading at the train station (because of something Lucy said, if I remember correctly). If this book doesn’t get turned into a film, preferably animated, I’ll be gravely disappointed. I could see the scenes so vividly inside my head and all the children in Arthur’s orphanage melted my heart. They’re such endearing characters and Linus’s internal monologues cracked me up. Never in a million years did I think I’d like to adopt the literal Antichrist, but here we are. 😈 To be fair, my cat sometimes acts as a bringer of destruction upon my world: the little booger chews on books I leave on the table! 😼

This book gets a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 (4.5 out of 5) rating from me, despite several discussions going on about the author, where he got his inspiration for this novel and what actions he should or shouldn’t take when it comes to certain matters. I’m tired of cancel culture. This is a wonderful and sweet and hilarious and heartwarming story and I’m very grateful TJ Klune wrote it. He’s a witty writer, so let him do what he does best. If he wants to be an activist too, that’s great, but if he doesn’t, that’s fine too.

trulydevious's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful reflective fast-paced

anni_swanilda's review

lucygoosey522's review against another edition

hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

so cute! i couldn’t put this book down, it just made my heart so happy. only reason it doesn’t get 5 stars is i thought the last little bit of the book was a little off, seemed like the writing got lazy and the development of the characters was a little rushed. other than that, i loved all the characters and their relationships with each other. the world building isn’t confusing, but still cool!

mo345's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

this book is like being wrapped in a warm hug, or like drinking the perfect cup of coffee first thing in the morning. the ultimate comfort book.

writtenbydnicole's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced