Reviews tagging Adult/minor relationship

The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune

1 review

unbound_visionary's review against another edition

dark

As a First Nations person, a white man using Residential schools as the scene & plot for a fictional book is insensitive. Allowing this to be published at a time where our healing hasn't even started is vile. Good intentions doesn't clear the trauma caused. Yes, I enjoyed FN-Metis kids having powers, but the fact is children were stolen, raped, starved, tortured, & "lost" / murdered - ABSOLUTE GENOCIDE ... no magic. No help.

IF HE WERE A STRAIGHT MAN PEOPLE WOULDNT BE MAKING SO MANY EXCUSES FOR THE AUTHOR.

*Bodies continue to be discovered across Canada, mainly using ground-penetrating radar. The sites that were initially found are estimated to hold the remains of more than 1,500 previously unaccounted individuals, mostly children. Residential Schools aren't a far-gone historical issue. When did the last School close? The last Indian residential school, located in Saskatchewan, closed in 1996. I was 5 yo & would have been taken from my family & forced to attend had the schools remained open.