Reviews tagging Suicidal thoughts

Siege and Storm, by Leigh Bardugo

jonsnowsmanbun's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny mysterious fast-paced

Big Gale energy from Mal in this one. Not a fan…

katyfayyyxx's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional tense medium-paced

4 Stars
I am going to be real with you all I am so confused about how this book ended up being a 4 star read because I hated and I mean hated the start of this book. I was just so bored the whole time and I didn't care about the bullshit drama between Mal and Alina. I was like every single chapter they were arguing or they were madly in love. honestly, it would be on-site if I ever saw Mal and I mean on site. Like Mal need to shut the fuck and calm the fuck down because if I was Alina I would have fucking cut you in half with my solar powers shit by need, like holy fuck that boy is the worst thing about this book. I was that over them that I thought Nikolai and Alina should just get married at this fucking point at least they can speak to each other without it fucking with one of them storming out. Also, I didn't really like Alina for half of the book 'oh look at me, I am sad because Mal won't talk to me.' Girl, the dick can't be that good but then at the end of this fucking book they kinda started to melt my heart (yes I am aware that I am mentally ill) I was like 'what the fuck is going on, here on this day' but that motherfucker started saying shit like 'I came here for you. You're my flag. You're a nation.' If someone said that to me I would simply pass away and then I was fuck somehow Leigh Bardugo has made me an Alina and Mal stan ( I am more confused than every one of you trust me!) with that shit, right there. 'Please. this can't be how it ends. I rested my hand on his cheek, hoping that there was still enough between us that he would understand. I stood on my toes and kissed the scar on his jaw. I have loved you all my life, Mal. There is no end to our story.' Was I on the edge, yes I was and yes I was embarrassed about it. I was like I was going to give this book 2 stars at most and then BANG! The fucking book finally starts the drama, the betrayal! I would also like to say Nikolai please never stop being you <3. But like I knew the Darkling was a little fucked up but taking your own mother's eyes (babe, you also need to calm the fuck down) and it is also really fucking weird that you are obsessed with like a 17-year-old. Also, side note why it is always the plainest and most annoying main character in YA fantasy and the biggest make-believe is that more than one person would like them that much Also why did this man wake up and have the audacity to fuck with Genya in that way. I am not sure why but I love this woman and the way she turned away from David, baby I could have died, and the why he stayed back for <3 (if Miss Leigh Bardugo fucks with them, I am going to fuck with her, I am joking or I am I) The only reason this book somehow from the grace of God got four stars rating was the motherfuckin ending!!! No matter how much shit I have said about Alina if she ask for my hand in marriage after that ending I said yes. Okay, hate to say it but #girlboss. I am literally so confused why I liked this book but somehow I kind of hate it and love it at the same time but it is ten times better than the first one. I needed to start reading the last book like yesterday but I also don't think I am fucking ready for that shit.

' So many men had tried to make her a queen. now she understood that she was meant for something more. The Darking had told her he was destined to rule. He had claimed his throne and a part of her too. He was welcome to it. For the living and the dead, she would make herself a reckoning. She would rise'

earth2kiki's review

challenging dark emotional tense slow-paced

what the f#%*ck

elizlizabeth's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

The plot is much more interesting than the first book, but honestly I can't sympathize with Alina no matter how hard I try, and as she's the one telling the story it's torture to listen to her rationalizing her stupid-ass decisions and how "everyone at this farmer's market palace wants me carnally". Like don't get me wrong, I'm sure Napoleon was in over his head too, and took dumb decisions as well, but I sure as hell don't want to read a 300+ page treaty on him rationaizing the invasion of Russia.
At one point I honestly just stayed for Nikolai, as Alina and Mal seemed to have given all of their braincells to him, the one person with a functioning neural network

ofthebrownajah's review

adventurous dark emotional medium-paced

safety_pin's review

adventurous funny mysterious tense medium-paced

emr2220's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious sad tense fast-paced

lupinschocolate_'s review

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense medium-paced

this book was so good and i didn’t expect that ending at all ??? & the whole battle scene at the end had me sobbing so much.
Spoileralso ouch the stuff with mal and alina at the end was painful, like the rift between them growing and him not understanding her was so </3

kathshiroma's review