Not My Romeo, by Ilsa Madden-Mills

lianareadsblog's review against another edition

I fell in love with the author’s books last year and since then I couldn’t get my hands fast enough on anything she writes.
To say I absolutely love this story isn’t enough because I adore it.
From the first chapter, I’ve fallen in love with Elena and her quirky self. I laughed out loud so many times and in a true Ilsa Madden-Mills way, the angst wasn’t missed from this book.
I devoured it in a few hours because I couldn’t stop reading and flipping the pages fast enough to get to know Jack more and see how everything will unfold in this beautiful love story of two people who found themselves by accident or maybe it was fate’s hand.
Love it and can’t recommend it enough.

yeliily's review against another edition

El protagonista me caia re mal y la chica me aburria, estilo de ecritura meh y trama lenta

nelliewu's review against another edition

sarci_reads's review against another edition

3.75 ⭐️
Better than expected

"Every word we use has meaning and purpose - and you said it.”

"Or 'Any emotion, if sincere, is involuntary.' I love that one." (Mark Twain)

“It's one of the things I adore about him, how he loves
to make other people feel special.”

"My nana used to say that broken people love the hardest because they appreciate the things that make their heart beat. Do I make your heart beat?"

book_ofroses's review against another edition

What a fun, cute (and steamy) romance story! I only discovered Ilsa recently and she is already becoming one of my "go to" for a good romance!

This story is told from both the hero and heroine POV - I love when romance authors do that! We follow Elena and Jack, equaling to a small town romance with a famous football player.

Elena, a Librarian in the small town of Daisy in Nashville. A desired fashion designer, with a gift for unique lingerie design.
Jack, a famous football player for Nashville. A boy who grew up in the foster system after losing his mum after a horrid emotional accident.

Elena and Jack meet by circumstance when Elena mistakes Jack for her blind date. They hit it off, with their chemistry undeniable. However all of that is ruined when Jack finally comes clean that he isn't her blind date but Jack, the famous football player with a reputation.
Then begins their back and forth where destiny keeps bringing them back together, with each other constantly pushing each other away due to both having bad pasts when it comes to that little four letter word, LOVE.

It was a fun addictive read, and I did have a few giggles. I adored Elena but unfortunately found myself now drawn to Jack. He was too hot and cold with Elena for me to get attached to him and totally agreed with Elena to why she kept her distance. Well, tried to keep her distance.

Overall, the ending is cute and was another enjoyable read by Ilsa.

msmathy's review against another edition

Oh, my goodness. The swoon!

I stayed up all night. And I don’t regret a single minute. I loved the story about two broken people and how they found each other. This is going immediately into my read again pile. So swoony! I loved Elena and Jack. Such a romantic story.

kodom251999's review against another edition

This book is about Jack and how hard it is for him to trust. Jack is full on angst, but so hurt he hides behind the walls he’s built. You will love when those start to fall.

I love Elena. She’s just so real. Their meeting was hilarious, and everything that follows. She falls in love with him in a second, and I was in tears at his inner monologue.

The aftermath of desolation is truly written beautifully. To be able to feel that and tear up just proves how talented this author is. This story was beautifully written.

P.S. Aunt Clara wanting full on vampire sex scenes. Elena recommends JR Ward! One of my favorite Vampire series. OMG! Loved this! I want to be a part of the Daisy Lady Gang!

shuveepal's review against another edition

DNF!

fiftyshadesofgreymatter's review against another edition

I was really excited for the release of Not My Romeo by Ilsa Madden-Mills as Dear Ava, released earlier this year, is one of my top reads. Not My Romeo is the story of NFL player, Jack and librarian and lingerie maker, Elena. They meet after Elena mistakenly thinks that Jack is her Valentine’s Day blind date. Together Elena and Jack navigate creating a relationship when both of them have been hurt before. This book had a lot of sweet and original quirks to it, which I appreciated and I loved the small town feel of Daisy, Tennessee. That being said, this book didn’t quite live up to my hopes. I felt that it was hard to connect to at times and it seemed not well edited in parts. I’d give it a solid 3.5 stars, but if you want a 5 star, read Dear Ava instead. Review by @50ShadesOfGreyMatter

andreaphoenix26's review against another edition

Tiene el encanto justo y el justo cliché para que lo haya amado mucho. Tiene un felices para siempre súper tierno de esos que me gustan y una pareja hermosa y amigos y amigas hermosos y una familia de la protagonista muy unida y me dan ganas de llorar de lo hermoso que fue.
Me dejó doliendo el corazón de una buena manera.