mattheo's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted

unablelemon's review

emotional lighthearted medium-paced

kimmykelly's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

lolajh's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

Everyone shut the FUCK UP this was so fucking good. It’s a whole fucking book with the same energy as ‘How You Get the Girl’ by Taylor swift and Heartstopper but it’s about LESBIANS. Molly and Alex, two lesbians who are heavily based off of the wonderful married authors of this book and their love story (so fucking cute oh my god kill me) are very fascinating characters and do make an adorable couple, especially what with the slow burn and gradual pining that begins to develop over halfway through the book. Like them watching Wynonna Earp together, the dressing room scene, the roller skating date, the scenes in the library and at Molly’s dorm are so fucking cute. Also the fucking character development. These two make each other so much better independent from each other whilst loving each other on the way. Molly grows out of her comfort zone and faces her insecurities and anxieties about herself and how she thinks she is perceived by others, and Alex learns how to love others properly and emotionally and being vulnerable with them and herself about her feeling human emotions and not bottling them up as much. Also a plus: no coming out scenes! They both have major mommy issues though. The scene where Molly’s mum buys Alex clothes and makes her tear up fucking broke me! Also the pop culture references were lowkey tolerable only because of the Wynonna Earp references. Spot on dude. Jim is also lowkey an icon when he stood up for Alex when she was getting harassed? Go Jim!

maev_e's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

lironore's review against another edition

hopeful inspiring slow-paced

imstephtacular's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

skudiklier's review

funny hopeful lighthearted reflective fast-paced

Okay, wow, I just read this entire book today, in practically a single sitting. I absolutely adored it. Sure, some of the writing in the very beginning felt a bit forced, but once I was hooked I was hooked.

This is a really cute love story, with some of my favorite tropes done really well. I didn't even realize until I read the acknowledgements that the authors are married, which makes it even cuter. I'd definitely recommend this to any romance fans.

And (spoilers)
Spoiler I was reeeaaally glad it was explicitly acknowledged how manipulative Natalie was to Alex. I was really worried for a minute that we were supposed to think that was an okay way to treat someone you're with.

Thank you to Netgalley and Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this ARC.