Reviews tagging Body shaming

She Gets the Girl, by Rachael Lippincott, Alyson Derrick

sallytiffany's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I really enjoyed this! Great friends to lovers plot that is my absolute favorite. Well rounded characters and realistic story development. I also loved that it was set in college as this is the first book I have read that is young adult that has that setting. Made it much more relatable to me. Great read!

skudiklier's review

funny hopeful lighthearted reflective fast-paced

Okay, wow, I just read this entire book today, in practically a single sitting. I absolutely adored it. Sure, some of the writing in the very beginning felt a bit forced, but once I was hooked I was hooked.

This is a really cute love story, with some of my favorite tropes done really well. I didn't even realize until I read the acknowledgements that the authors are married, which makes it even cuter. I'd definitely recommend this to any romance fans.

And (spoilers)
Spoiler I was reeeaaally glad it was explicitly acknowledged how manipulative Natalie was to Alex. I was really worried for a minute that we were supposed to think that was an okay way to treat someone you're with.

Thank you to Netgalley and Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this ARC.