She Gets the Girl by Rachael Lippincott, Alyson Derrick

_pauline's review against another edition

smarquardt's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

enby_ekans's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

kait_readsbooks's review

This is. Disappointing.

minojostafa's review against another edition

Suchhhh a cute story! Even though the title already reveals what's gonna happen, I still thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. My only issue was that it felt to me like the book kinda villainizes both Natalie and also Cora at some point, in, I'm assuming, an attempt to get us to dislike them; at times a little too much for my liking. But, all in all, I really liked this book. It was sweet, relatable, and easy to read. I'd give it somewhere between 3,5 and 4 stars ⭐️ Also a big shout out to Molly for finally representing queer folks that don't like Broadway music, lol

melodramanu's review against another edition

tão bonitinho!!!!!

tenho que admitir que o começo não estava me prendendo muito, mas depois que comecei a escutar a última parte do livro em audiobook e deu uma melhorada (não curti muito a tradução também, talvez tenha sido um problema).

recomendo muito o audiobook do scribd <3 fez a experiência do livro ficar melhor!

dauntless158's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted reflective fast-paced

This book was very cute and I’m glad there wasn’t any drama tied to homophobia/coming out/etc. I enjoyed switching between Alex and Molly’s POVs, but there were some times where I couldn’t tell who was narrating and had to go back to check.

I especially loved Molly’s character, I related to her a lot and I felt like her descriptions of anxiety/shyness were spot-on. I also really liked the side characters, but I wish we got more scenes with them.

I was fully prepared to give this 4.5-5 stars until the last 1/3 of the book, where things started to fall apart for me.

First thing I was unhappy with was Molly and her mom’s Korean-American storyline. It had sooo much potential, and I thought the food court scene was the perfect way to bring it up. But then it was barely addressed until the end, and Molly’s mom just said she would try to work on not hating her Korean-ness because she didn’t want it to affect her kids’ relationship with their Korean identity…The thing is, it already did? Her kids are all grown up and have already been negatively affected their whole lives. I feel like this story element should have been flushed out way more or removed entirely.

Second, Alex and Molly started to see their partners’ flaws very quickly in the last few chapters, after spending months/years pining for them. I wish there were more instances throughout the book where we, the readers, could see the red flags even when Alex and Molly didn’t. I think we could somewhat do that with Natalie, but for Cora, she literally seemed perfect for 95% of the book. And then Molly started listing negative qualities about her out of nowhere, and literally left her at the art show after she confessed her feelings?? That scene could’ve been done a bit better imo.

Also wish we got more  scenes after Alex and Molly confessed to each other. I especially wanted to see more about how the side characters were doing.

bellarobben's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

seseanareads's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

may_books20's review against another edition

Cute, silly, and real. A fast-paced read about finding who you are and who you love.