Finale, by Stephanie Garber

smart_cookie's review against another edition

adventurous dark reflective medium-paced

lauren_readsbooks2302's review against another edition

emotional

RTC: I read this two and a half years ago while I was sick with covid. I need to write a proper review when I've reread.

lexieesrw's review

It was a fun book to finish the trilogy with. I liked the double perspectives as it kept the book’s pace, but again I didn’t hear two distinct voices. The concept seemed almost hastily thrown together, and thus the book felt less structured. That being said, it was cool to see more of the Fates, and to see some of the relationships develop a bit more. There’s definitely still something inside of me that struggles with the love/immortality being saved for romantic love, and the time travel whilst canonic for the Assassin felt out of place in the story. Overall, an enjoyable evening’s read that was great to see the series through with.

gabbylcampbell's review

Ahh omg best of the series I must say!

yeimyaileen's review against another edition

this book is actually so funny.  the caraval series is a fever dream, and something i could never imagine being adapted into a movie or tv show because every dress they wear is the most beautiful and impossible textile achievement the world has ever seen.  tella and scarlett have NEVER worn an dress that was just cute.  they were gorgeous showstopping amazing made out of butterflies and cream satin and velvet flowers.
Spoiler
- this book is SO REPETITIVE.  which is awful for an audiobook... like when tella heard about the obsession not love story from the luck fate, she repeated it THREE TIMES! and she just repeated it again and again...
- which would make you think she would drop legend cause he cant love her right? wrong!  like this series would have been so cool if tella just had let both jacks and legend go, because essentially they both try to manipulate her feelings all the time...
- i actually dont care aboout scarlett and julians relationship
- HOWEVER, the seeing feelings as color coming back in a really significant way?? honestly very cool of stephanie garber.  i thought that marcello dragna was gonna reappear but when we learned about scarlett's real father? a slay!
- i think this series places an unnecessary emphasis on the power of love.
- i always forget the mothers name.  my brain is like prophet the dreamer? paladium the dreamer?  also why is no one else named like that?

leacallida's review against another edition

My heart’s aching. I never wanted this series to end. I fell in love with Tella, with Legend, with Scarlett, Julian and with this entire amazing universe. Stephanie Garber wrote a masterpiece and I’m so thankful. The Caraval magic is real, guys.

maggieseward's review

GAHHHHHHHHHHH. If there is not another book I'm suinggggggggggggggg. on the list of fav series. (maybe a bit too much kissing)

jkonopaski's review against another edition

adventurous fast-paced

ahart_4's review

adventurous challenging emotional medium-paced

cxppatee's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective sad tense fast-paced