Legendborn by Tracy Deonn

cassie_topreads's review

adventurous slow-paced

matheo96gro's review

adventurous challenging emotional mysterious reflective medium-paced

missychristo's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious

devynborba's review

adventurous challenging emotional mysterious medium-paced

paytonbox21's review

Obsessed, I have so little and yet so much to say about how much I loved this book! It has all the usual storylines of a YA fantasy plot that I eat up, but it also adds in the complexity of race, gender, good and evil and so much more that the book just can’t be compared.

The combination of magic between ancestral bloodlines and the King Arther storyline is so unique as well that I was hooked from the start of this book! I love how it all comes together and I’ll be starting the second book immediately!

Lastly, as with all YA fantasy, a love triangle where I hope I choose the right Guy because Sel is the better man hands down and I’m curious to see which guy Bree will end up with!

bookended's review

Wow... another 5 star read for me. I am on a ROLL!

This book was ...... SPECTACULAR. From beginning to end, I was so captivated by the characters, the magic, the plot line and the ~feelings~ that Bree was experiencing, I felt like I was feeling them , to an extent. When she was anxious, I was anxious and when she was mad, SO WAS I! I did not let go of this book and I so I obviously sped right through it.

The twist(s) that happen throughout the story, really took me by surprise (as they should haha). There was not a massive cliffhanger (which I enjoyed) but knowing that there are 2-3 books for this series to come, really have me excited for everything and anything that Tracy Deonn comes out with.

BRB running to the store to pick up Bloodmarked rnnnnnn!

mbjem_'s review

adventurous emotional funny inspiring mysterious tense medium-paced

I LOVED this book. The magic system, the world building, the gradual build in the plot, it was all amazing.

Bree's journey with her grief and her connections to her ancestry and her past were compelling, and she made me care about her so easily. The other characters felt authentic and developed, especially Sel! I could really feel my opinion of him changing alongside Bree's.

The threads of the plot came together excellently towards the end, and even if some of the events of the climax were predictable, it was because they were GOOD choices for those events. It fit the narratives told and the characters themselves. Overall, a really good read and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

marqamy's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional informative inspiring mysterious sad tense fast-paced

kreads02's review against another edition

Knowing the story it’s in competition i can excuse the long build up and understand the chapel hill shoutouts as not shoutouts but call outs

wafflereads's review

WOW! This was a little slow in the beginning but once Bree found herself being assigned to a peer mentor it just flew by. I have always been fascinated with King Arthur and the Order of the Round Table so it wasn't that hard to follow once it got rolling. It was harder to keep up with the character's names.

There's social commentary on this and it's just so well done because it's interwoven so well into the story. It didn't feel forced - it felt more of a necessary part of the story. The talk about Bree's grief is also so well done.

I just loved everything about this - the writing, the characters and everything else in between.

Definitely recommend this one for a modern take on King Arthur!