A Twist of Fate, by Kelley Armstrong

mford86's review

adventurous lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

anitameri's review against another edition

adventurous emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

ravynblackwood's review

Kelley Armstrong has done it agan. This book is an excellent book of time travel filled with intrigue!

reader44ever's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful relaxing medium-paced

I really enjoyed this book! I liked Rosalind, although I didn't always agree with her reasoning. I was glad she found her way back to her husband and son.

I listened to the audiobook! I thought Gemma Dawson did a fantastic job performing this story! I thoroughly enjoyed her narration.

cgreenstein's review

I really like this series and now competent and no-nonsense the heroine in this one was.

starsandash's review

I really enjoyed the first book in the A Stitch in Time trilogy A Snitch in Time. Once I saw the setting and that it was a Gothic Romance with time travel I was sold. The second book is almost just as enjoyable as the first book. A Twist in Fate follows after the events of the first book where we learn what happened to Rosalind Courtenay. I loved getting to follow Rosalind's story and learning more about her, August and Edmund. It was also great to see Bronwyn and William again.

A Twist in Fate is not as scary as the first book, but still has a good spooky atmosphere. At times I wanted to yell at Rosalind for some of the decisions she made, but the author did a good job explaining why she ultimately choose the more difficult paths she often took. The story was great from start to finish and I found myself finishing the book in almost one sitting. I can't wait to read the final book in the A Stitch in Time trilogy.

Thanks you to NetGalley and Subterranean Press for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

lpcoolgirl's review against another edition

Oh, yeah, this was such a fantastic read, loved reading about this couple's story, and yeah, can't wait for the next amazing ghostly mystery with time travel next in this series, because there has to be more in this series, not just the new one coming!

laurla's review against another edition

-4 stars. maybe 3. kindle 297 pages.
i liked the story, but the constant angst and blaming herself for getting stuck in a time slip she had no idea even existed, causing her to be separated from her family for 4 years - it got old fast. yes i get it. its traumatic! but you said that already like 20 times now. then she poses as a governess for her son and her husband doesn't even recognize her while she's all disguised up in wig and contacts and glasses and figure padding. heartbreaking - except oh wait, you disguised yourself specifically so you WOULDN'T be recognized. so um, why are you surprised at not being recognized?

"he thinks i abandoned my husband and child. like a feckless child who decides she is tired of her toys and throws them away. how could he think i would do that?"

"so what am i going to do about it? march back in there and reveal myself? i dare not. i am no longer a beloved dead wife returned form the grave. i am a... a hated fiend."

"well, there's one good thing about being drenched. you can stop trying to stay dry."

"you need to say 'i am afraid of losing you', not 'you are going to leave me'."

"i was in a constant state of worry, endlessly trying to soothe your fears, feeling as if i must be doing something to arouse them."
"you did not."
"yes, i did not. the problem is yours, and we must treat it as yours. i cannot allow your fear to infect me, and i absolutely will not allow it to infect our son."

"your poor wife was trapped in another time, and you were being an absolute ass about her disappearance."
"ass?"
"absolute ass. so the poor lady returns and very clearly, being an ass-"
"you just like saying that, don't you?"
"i do."

ashleyreadstoomuch's review

I'm honestly obsessed with these books.  The second one in the series was just as good as the first though in a slightly different way.  I liked the characters, and getting to know the characters we just briefly met even more.  It was also exciting and adventurous in different ways.  I'm fully looking forward to reading the next one when it comes out.  In the meanwhile, I have the novellas to hold me over.

klc17's review

adventurous dark funny mysterious sad medium-paced