The Bridge to Never Land, by Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson

trixie_reads's review against another edition

This was a great companion to one of my favorite series. I loved the way they tied in Disney.

everythingawesome's review

Loved the idea of putting modern-day kids into one of their favorite books, especially with the addition of modern-day technology. Dragged on a little bit at the end.

honeybeeleereviews's review against another edition

Review 5/5 The Bridge to Never Land: Rating 2.5 ⭐️
Aidan and Sarah Cooper have no idea what they're getting into one afternoon when they discover a mysterious coded document in a secret compartment of an antique English desk their father recently bought at an auction. Something about the document seems familiar to Sarah, and that night she realizes what it is: the document seems to be referring to some books she has read - the Starcatchers series, about the origin of Peter Pan. Curious, Sarah and Aidan begin to decipher the mysterious document. At first it's a game - unraveling the mystery piece by piece, each piece leading them to a new, deeper puzzle. But soon the game turns strange - and scary. They discover that the "stories" are real, and that what they thought was a fictional battle between good and evil is still going on. Pursued by a being that can take any form and will stop at nothing to get what it wants from them, Aidan and Sarah embark on a desperate, thrilling quest for help - a quest that leads them to some unforgettable people in some unlikely places, including one that's not supposed to exist at all. SSSSOOOO so many things with this book. To me this is an example showing Disney doesn't not make everything better. This story takes place a century after the first book. So it is set in the present day. Fist off the book does not explain who the Starcatcher Series books were written by and guess who's back? That's right your boy Lord Ombra back from the dead....Yet again! It was like this book was supposed to be the start of a new series but instead they just decided to tack it on to the end of the Star Catchers Series and called it a day. For me this book was meh, not great and not too terrible. My issue with this book was the last quarter and a half of this book seemed to turn into a Disney World commercial. They had the characters hide out in Disney World and from there it was ‘Disney's this’ or ‘Disney’s that’ and that just became too clunky for me. This was not the best book in the series and once again they do leave the ending open for there to be more books but I am not sure if I will read the rest should they continue.

matandrub's review

adventurous fast-paced

jawright's review against another edition

This installment of the Peter the Star catchers series was disappointing. There was way too much brand name dropping, and the plot was far too predictable.
Overall this book lacked the charm, originality, and energy of the first 4 books.

Do yourself a favor and skip to page 330. Everything that happens prior is either of no consequence or can be inferred... plus there's Captain Hook.

jennoux's review against another edition

It was so good!! I didn't really enjoy the previous book in the series but this one was amazing! The search for clues at the beginning was maybe a little too convenient but other than that it was everything the previous book wasn't.

fbored's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny lighthearted mysterious medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

Reading this book at an Aunt's house in Florida brought nostalgia and feelings I never thought I would get with a book. It's a bit hazy, but love was there.

eandrews80's review against another edition

I'm totally biased by my love of Disney World, but any book that incorporates the "Peter Pan's Flight" ride into an already solid adventure story is okay by me. I loved that so much of the book was set at WDW, and also loved the mash-up of modern characters/technology with a visit to Never Never Land. I hadn't read books 1-4 for many years, but this one really stands on its own anyway.

reading_some_books's review

I love the Peter books soo much!! This is a very good read for anyone who loves to think magic is real!

bibliocat4's review against another edition