The Darkness Outside Us, by Eliot Schrefer

dzibmoni's review

The best thing to do with this book is reading it without knowing anything about it. It's the perfect combination of characters and plot and I absolutely love it.

aerynsun21's review

challenging dark emotional hopeful reflective fast-paced

abbileigh_'s review

what a beautiful surprise this book was.

I will be the first to say that I have let other people’s opinions on books influence me tremendously since I found goodreads and booktok. so I decided to step away from all of that for a day and explore a bookstore like I used to with little to no preconceived notions of what was popular and what wasn’t.

I picked up this book based on the cover and blurb and came out of it astounded. this book was equally enjoyable and challenging considering i’m not typically much of a sci fyi fan but I think that made it all the more better.

this was a love story, an adventure and a philosophy lesson all in one and I loved every second.

achilios's review

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

the moment when i realized

serenitycaptain's review

adventurous dark fast-paced

athousandbookstoread's review against another edition

3.75/5 stars! Rounded up to 4 stars!

A huge thank you to NetGalley and Katherine Tegen Books for sending me an E-ARC for an honest review.

I have so many thoughts and feelings about this book! It was such an interesting read. I will do a spoiler review when this book releases, but until then, here are my non-spoilers thoughts!

I think that my favorite thing about this book was the romance and the plot. This book has so many different twists and turns and I could not stop reading it. There were so many moments where I would shout or jump up in shock and surprise and excitement because of the plot. The best way to describe this book is a LGBTQ+ interpretation of the movie 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY! If you love space missions, science-fiction, AI's and really interesting writing, then I really recommend this book!

Thanks for reading!
Caden

syddurr's review

This was soooo good!

caswift's review

adventurous emotional medium-paced

godofshrimp's review

Amazing! Not what I was expecting :/ just ten times better than what I was expecting :o)

greyyy's review