The Queen of Nothing, by Holly Black

michaela16180's review against another edition

adventurous tense fast-paced

I probably found this book the most enjoyable out of the series but it still felt a bit meh. Some of the plot points were too predictable and the characters don't seem fleshed out enough. This entire series is alright but just not worth the hype.

pikkicca's review against another edition

mayaryden's review

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

acrasia1's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

fraia's review

4 stars for the undeniably enchanting chemistry of Jude and Cardan and the endlessly brave and inspiring heroine Jude forever will be *chefs kiss*
I’ll most certainly miss these characters and the world
My pain-seeking, self destructive soul is the only reason for not awarding a 5 star to the finale for the ending was just a tad too happy and conclusive but that’s purely my own preferences.

anam379's review

I'm SO exhausted! I don't even know what to say.
Jude....*deep sigh*, shrugs upon shrugs upon shrugs**
I do realise that if Jude was a character in a psychological thriller, she could have been one of my favourite characters. But, this is not a psychological thriller and so I don't like her being so twisted and so psychologically psychological.... This is tiring! What was the point of all that? Also, I still don't get how she's smart and clever even though it takes her an eternity to find things that are of significance when all the clues are there and she has people in front of her screaming in her face to pick it up. I mean even I figure it out longgg before that. I figured out the whole serpent deal right when it happened and she was so-called tormented, even though the clue was there. Though that I do know was because she thought the Great ruler was her__wishful thinking! Just validates my theory that she is super Delusional. She is so greedy for power and all that that she always ends up being tricked because of it and then other people step in to warn her or save her or both. Just how stupid is she gonna be!!!!
I hate this series and this book and Taryn and Madoc and everyone and everything and ughhhh!!
This one was the worst of the three!

------
Ok so I upped it to 2 stars because I found the characters in this one a little less intolerable, and I wasn't so entirely pissed at them(maybe it was because Locke wasn't there and Taryn somehow managed to not betray Jude ) And I also kinda liked Cardan in this one A LITTLE, only a little because I still hate him and I'll never forget how he plucked the wings out of that poor child in book 1, and he was kinda funny.....SO

yasartpage's review against another edition

Could've been longer! Jude is probably my favorite female YA book character because I never saw her as being annoying or stupid. She and Cardan grow so much throughout the books and I just love them!
But some scenes in this book felt kinda rushed and could've been made longer. (I never thought I would say that)

Thoughts for the entire series:
I LOVE the series a lot! BUT this series is another one on the long list of books that TikTok makes out to be something completely different.

Does it have Romance in it?
Kinda...It's a reeeeally slow Enemies to lovers. There is no real romance in the first book but it gets there in books two and especially three AND there is no spice! (it's YA yall)

BUT the focus is more on politics and Jude as a character and her living in a world where she is at a disadvantage.

> JUDE has become one of my favorite female characters because she was clever, ambitious, and sometimes selfish while also being aware of her weaknesses.
> CARDAN was fascinating as well and I love their dynamic and how it shifts.

The trilogy is amazing and I'm so glad that I've picked it up!

➤ Wanna take a look at the fanart that I've created? Here is the Link

jad_is_rad's review

challenging mysterious medium-paced

nora_jansson's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious medium-paced

sarahmae25's review

Wonderful story. Loved every second of it even when I hated it