As Good As Dead, by Holly Jackson

minamina's review against another edition

a veryyyy good ending for the series but it was just too wordy and repetitive at times

allisonviolet's review against another edition

Ooof… 2.5/5. I gave the previous 2 books 5* and loved them. This last one was such a disappointment. The formula was completely different and even worse the main character was so annoying this time. Pipa was such a great mc the first two books, what happened?! Her decisions were so off and she didn’t see so many obvious things right in front of her. The worst part was that 50% of this book was just repeating the same things over and over again. What if’s and I need to this and that and then this will happen. And there was basically no mystery in this book. Absolutely hated the ending. Pipa is supposed to be so intelligent but doesn’t know she needs major therapy?! Okay. One of the most disappointing endings to a series.

isabelly's review against another edition

tense medium-paced

ótimo final, foi um bocado seca em algumas partes mas muito bom como sempre

kaynisonger's review against another edition

This took me so long to finish only because the first half was boring and then it finally picked up. The ending was sub par. Again, the dog did not deserve that.

readscapsim's review against another edition

K!LL!NG MYSELF IN FRONT OF HOLLY JACKSON TO CHANGE THE TRAJECTORY OF HER LIFE FOREVER

savannahshockley__'s review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad fast-paced

sophtruepenny's review against another edition

dark emotional reflective sad tense fast-paced

karakgld's review against another edition

⚠️SPOILER WARNING⚠️

Uhhhh what even happened with this book? Look, I completely believe that Max deserves to go to prison, and I was so furious when he did not face any repercussions, but FRAMING HIM FOR MURDER?! That’s really intense, the series escalated so quickly.

Something else that was really unfortunate was that the mystery was over halfway through the book. Especially because I couldn’t root for Pip as she tried to cover up her involvement in Jason’s death because she 100% could have pleaded self defense, revealed Jason as DT, and freed Billy Karras (I know that Pip doesn’t do this because she claims that Hawkins wouldn’t believe her, but she’s the queen of finding irrefutable evidence and convincing people of the truth!)

ALSO Ravi was altogether way too chill with helping cover up a murder, Cara and Naomi’s reactions were way more realistic and they didn’t even fully know what was going on! I know for a fact that if my significant other asked me to help them cover up a murder they just committed, I’d have some pretty big feelings about it, but Ravi just kind of cracks jokes and gets to work? No way.

I really wanted to love this book, but it just felt so out there. It really took quite a turn from the other books in the series.

etbliss's review against another edition

dark emotional funny reflective tense medium-paced

the way I was SCREECHING and thrashing about during multiple points in this book

elizad22's review against another edition

This book was absolutely BONKERS. to escalate so quick that our main character was fighting for her life FIFTY PERCENT IN AND THEN THE WHOLE REST OF THE BOOK WAS JUST AS FAST PACED AND ANXIETY RIDDEN. I was so nervous at every chapter that something would go wrong, someone wouldn’t follow through with their plan, something would happen some how!!!! And god I hate detective Hawkins!!! I loved how it was less about figuring out who the DT killer was, and more about Pip and her journey. I wish the ending didn’t wrap up as it did bc I feel like it was a little too dramatic, but it makes sense. It makes me hurt that Pips family will never know what she went through and why she is so broken and that she has to carry that burden on her own. The plot driven, thoughtfulness of this book was just