Any Time, Any Place, by Jennifer Probst

jaimereadsromance's review against another edition

4.5 Stars

I love a good rivals to lovers book and when you throw in the added tension of one of the parties not knowing why they are rivals it gets even more interesting.

Dalton is the known player of the trio of Pierce brothers and had his eye on the sexy owner of My Place for a while, but she won't give him the time of day, that is until she's in need of renovations to her bar and Dalton is the best man for the job.

Raven does everything she can to avoid the Pierce brothers because of their connected pasts, even if they aren't aware of who she is exactly. When she needs her antique bar renovated, Dalton Pierce is the just the man for the job and it gives her the perfect way to find out more about the Pierce family and to get answers she's been searching for since her father's death. If she can just fight her attraction to him while looking for those answers.

This is the second book in the series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first. I'm still very much in love with the whole family dynamics of this series and how each of siblings stories reveals a more clear picture of their past and how it's affected their adult lives. It's like slowly solving a mystery and getting the added benefit of a sexy romance to complete each piece of the puzzle.

Dalton is charismatic and sexy but he also has a sweet and vulnerable side that just needed a strong-willed, take-no-shit kind of girl like Raven to settle his heart and his mind. Their chemistry was explosive but calming all at the same time. The tension from keeping their secrets from the past was being stretched slowly with each day they spent falling for each other until it finally snapped and a floodgate of emotions was open. It broke my heart, but in true Jennifer Probst fashion she put it back together slowly and surely.

I loved everything about the slow-burn of this book and the subtle hints of what to expect from the next book in the series. I have a feeling that Tristan and Sydney are going to do their fair share of emotional damage to my heart as well.

*I received an ARC from NetGalley for voluntary review

bertrandlm's review against another edition

emotional lighthearted medium-paced

ssejig's review against another edition

Raven Stratton has had a hard time resisting the youngest Pierce brother, Dalton. But she came to town specifically to get revenge on the Pierce brothers. When their mother ran away with her father, they didn't get far when they both died in a car crash. Then the Pierces destroyed Raven's father's reputation and left her broken-hearted.
Dalton Pierce changed when his mother left. She was the only one who could get through to him and when she left, it left a hole in his heart. He hasn't had a real relationship since but he could see himself building a life with Raven.
Oh. I wanted to read this book. I enjoyed the first one ... and was so disappointed in the ending.
SpoilerThis is not romance, him showing up at her bar, staying from opening to closing, leaving her gifts. This is stalking. And creepy. He was a fucking DICK to her and then, just changed his mind? Nuh uh.
I am in the midst of a reading slump and this book certainly didn't help.

motleybooksandtea's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this book! It was exactly what I hoped. The perfect amount of romance and sex appeal and the right amount of drama- everything I can hope for in a romance novel.

What was lovely and surprising, however, was how badass our female lead ‘Raven’ was. In most of these novels, there’s an element of damsel in distress. Though Raven has distressing situations, she herself is a total badass. She is a kickboxer, who owns her own bar and restaurant, and runs a poker night. This is the kind of woman I like to read about!

Overall 4⭐️ and I’m excited to read the others in this series!

katrinamarie's review against another edition

This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & More

5 Reasons to read Any Time, Any Place

I'm a huge fan of Probst. She makes you connect with her characters and the emotions they feel. She also weaves in humor when dealing with issues that aren't very light. Definitely check out this book, and series.

doubleinfinitybyella's review against another edition

Líbilo se mi to možná ještě o něco víc než předchozí díl, ale je to dost vyrovnané. Opět se to částečně odehrává na stavbě, ale spíše se přesouváme do baru, kde poznáváme barmanku Raven a taky nejmladšího Pierce, Daltona. A musím říct, že jsou skvělá dvojka, Raven jsem si fakt zamilovala, je s ní zábava, navíc je naprosto soběstačná a její drinky znějí fakt dobře (a to ani nepiju alkohol). A i Daltona poznáme líp a zjistíme, že je jiný, než se na první pohled může stát. Za mě povedené pokračování a těším se na další díl, tentokrát o Tristanovi a Sydney.

ritareadstrash's review against another edition

What is with romances being over 400 pages?! This book was way too long.

Also. Raven. What a terrible character. She's supposed to be this kick ass, self-reliant woman. Then we find out her "role" in the story is her dad was killed in a car accident with Dalton's mom as they were running away to Paris together. So, she wants revenge on the woman's 3 sons for the slander they spread about her dad and for their mom seducing her dad away from her....WUT.

So stupid. So very very stupid.

bibliofiendlm's review against another edition

Full review: https://tinyurl.com/y6wojctl