Reviews tagging 'Forced institutionalization'
Hyperion, by Dan Simmons
withloveandlights's review against another edition
challenging dark mysterious slow-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Strong character development? It's complicated
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? No
Some of the pilgrim’s stories were really captivating and engaging while others fell completely flat for me. With relatively little overarching plot development, this ~500 page novel felt more like a drawn out prologue than a stand-alone adventure.
Graphic: Forced institutionalization, Chronic illness, and War