Reviews tagging 'Violence'
The Birds, by Daphne du Maurier
ashleycmms's review against another edition
adventurous challenging dark mysterious tense fast-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Plot
- Strong character development? No
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? N/A
- Flaws of characters a main focus? It's complicated
Moderate: Gun violence, Violence, Animal death, and Death
h_cornwell's review against another edition
dark mysterious tense fast-paced
I read this for my adaptations module. Don't judge it by the Hitchcock film, it's only very loosely based on this short story which is much better.
Moderate: Child death, Death, and ViolenceWouldn't recommend if you have a fear of birds. Some scenes/descriptions might be a bit gory or potentially scarring especially for a younger reader.