House of Beating Wings, by Olivia Wildenstein

aukinox's review

ill start this off by saying this actually has soo much potential. the plot is really good and so are the individuality of each of the characters, but what did not make this a 5 star for me were two things:

first is the pacing of the book. the first 60% of the pages were so slow that i kept looking at the synopsis to see what the story was about yet again because i was confused as to where this was exactly going. i still continued reading and did not put it down because it was still interesting but so painfully slow.

the second is our heroine, fallon. i’ll be blunt and say she was very immature the majority of the series and i know she’ll probably get development later on, but oh lord there were so much moments where i had to visibly roll my eyes at her reactions or her inner monologue. sometimes she was being overly dramatic and i had to say, “girl, it aint that deep.” i really hope she becomes more mature because if not then i would really throw hands because this whole thing had potential.

now for the rest of my thoughts, i loved pheobus (i forgot the spelling), syb, and also lorcan. they were the most likable characters to me. dante is meh and antoni is like 50-50 i guess.

overall, id give this 3 stars!

sydsqvid's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

g_books's review

mysterious tense slow-paced

ashpattreads's review

WOW. This was amazing. I’m well and truly floored - though I really shouldn’t be considering how much I loved the Angels of Elysium series. Just top notch everything from characters, to world building, to the nice mix of action and background story. And to absolutely no one’s surprise, I have a new book boyfriend. If you haven’t seen the character art for Lore yet. Take a gander, because …. YEP.

Thank you, thank you Olivia for a free ARC. I will be impatiently awaiting Book 2! ♥️

siriuslyjoking's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

clienzelle's review

slow-paced

overall, id give this 3 stars!

_cass_22's review

slow-paced

ssant's review

adventurous slow-paced

Very slow start, took a while to really get into the story and the “big twists” were super obvious but still a fun story

savannag1992's review

Enjoyed this book. Something that helped me with reading the ebook version was that I screenshotted the page with the “translations” so that I could pull it up easily while reading.
This book left me with so many questions still
*why was she specifically the one who break the curse?
*why does she have some type of connection to Lore that no one else seems to? What does that mean?
Uhh I’m going to be so impatient waiting for the next book.

samanthas628's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful mysterious reflective slow-paced