Artistic License, by Elle Pierson

intostarlight's review

This was a nice, sweet book. I liked the writing right away, and it didn't take long for me to like Mick and Sophy too. I don't think I've ever read a book about an introverted, asthmatic sculpture artist and a beefy, sensitive security guard before. I enjoyed the unlikely, non-handsome male MC. He is so kind and thoughtful, and the fact that the female MC finds him attractive is so great. There isn't too much unnecessary drama, no love triangle, and very little angst. The book was on the short side, but they went through a lot and their story didn't lack anything, so it was short and sweet and satisfying. I don't remember where I heard about this book, but I'm glad I picked it up. It just really worked for me. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.

sunshine0xoxo's review

lighthearted medium-paced

hnmoore's review

This was so soft and I will physically fight to protect Mick and Sophy.

n0m_de_grr's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

hooklings's review

In my opinion, this book was a pretty damn-near perfect romance. It was lighthearted, but not afraid to confront emotional obstacles. It was tense, but never uncomfortable. The characters are two distinct, likeable people with a genuine connection that was built convincingly over time. And it was just so lovely. This is added to my all-time favourites shelf, and I'll be rereading it whenever I need a pick-me-up.

lakeness's review

Utterly delightful

robynldouglas's review

Quiet and lovely little romance set in New Zealand. Thoroughly enjoyable with two main characters that you just want to be friends with - which is typical of Pierson (who also writes as Lucy Parker).

onthesamepage's review

I think this might be a new favorite. Super cute. I loved the characters, both of them. The pacing was good, it gave me warm and fuzzy feelings, loved the ending.
The only thing that bothered me were a few mistakes that were missed in editing. I'm so upset when that happens to a book I like this much, cause I just want it to be perfect.
Also this book made me realize something: the number one thing that will make me like a romance book is *interesting* characters. All the romance books I liked this year had exactly that. Even if the story is predictable, that will make the book for me. On the flip side, even if the story is fascinating, if the characters aren't interesting it will break it for me.
So if anyone has any recommendations for romance books with interesting characters, will you pleeeeeease share?

(Review by Yara)

angelareads's review

This was a great, short palate cleanser for me. I read it in an afternoon on vacation, which was the best way to enjoy this work.

The tropes here (bodyguard, artist, witness to a crime) are staples in the short-romance genre. This one was sweet and cute.

I will just put out there that there is a little bit of a stalker plot in here for some added tension. I don't think the book really needed it, though I understand the purpose it played.

Overall, this book doesn't do anything spectacular, however it was pretty fun.

pavi_fictionalworm's review

This book caught my eye when I was checking out another indie book - I don't even remember which one but I knew I had to get this one, because most romances that I have seen focuses on a homely girl with a hot hero but this was a first wherein the hero is supposed to be ugly and the girl beautiful (even if she is a shy artist with social anxiety!)

I loved the premise of the book and the characters, especially Sean (I really hope the author revisits him with his own HEA) and the writing is whimsically perfect for me - I am glad that I found this author and I can't wait to read more books by her <3

For Booksgalore visit - For The Love of Fictional Worlds