Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton

ellymc's review against another edition

funny inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

alicetagg's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

pastelblvd's review against another edition

emma_gl's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

gretchini's review against another edition

not necessarily relatable. a bit too long. Some good tips/ tid bits, but overall a skip. recipes, really? enjoyed the beginning a lot and some of the end, but too much stuffing. obviously it's about a privileged white woman's experiences, so don't get annoyed like you didn't know that going in. it doesn't automatically make the story bad, it's actually entertaining reading about what ales the rich. (think any 2000s rom com) it's even a bit of a wake up call- may I never be that cringe. but at the same time yes be that cringe and melodramatic. life is oh so dramatic. don't get me started on the David guru saga 🤮. there's all kinds of people that make up the world and I want to hear from all their perspectives.
the story in a nutshell- know your self worth, love is found in friendships not just relationships (and can be even more fulfilling/ rich)

entreletras's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing medium-paced

El principio se me hizo un poco pesado (quizás porque no empatizaba tanto con ese momento vital de la protagonista), pero me ha terminado encantando. Al principio pensé que el libro podría llamarse “Todo lo que sé sobre la amistad”; pero como los tachados de su portada bien indican, los vínculos que establecemos con nuestras amigas no son solo amistad. Son relaciones fuertes y poderosas, que nos acompañan mientras el resto de nuestra vida cambia. Y claro que son amor.

Creo, además, que ha acompañado muchísimo al momento vital en el que me encuentro. Tengo muchos subrayados jjj Sobre el estilo de escritura no puedo opinar porque me lo he leído en inglés y no doy para tanto.

Vivan las mujeres 🥰♥️♥️

weroreads's review against another edition

funny hopeful inspiring medium-paced

bbkate's review

Not holding my interest at the moment, I’ll get back to it

curlsandcrime's review against another edition

emotional reflective medium-paced

alucyliu's review against another edition

Funny, witty, heartfelt and well written. Dollys writing is relatable and honest, and oozing with warmth and familiarity, she feels like one of my close friends.