The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater

jzaraadams's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious medium-paced

xanfranco's review against another edition

Absolutely loved this book! The characters are, I think, well written and well rounded. I can't wait to start the next one!

knewms's review against another edition

Totally hooked. Put myself on the waitlist for book 2 & 3!

mariginny's review against another edition

all I have to say is that if you're starting this book and start to feel like putting it down, GIVE IT 100 PAGES!!! Once the story picked up I honestly couldnt put this book down, and the only reason why it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is because it took me almost 5 months to read 150 pages... but that was mainly my own fault. I can't stop thinking about the raven boys and their complicated lives along with the magical journey they will go on.

arkhamkjay's review against another edition

loved this book. i read it translated to hebrew and i liked it so much i bought the entire series (and in hardcover too!) adam is definetly my favorite character here.

strawfly14's review against another edition

3.5/5. Sorpresa muy positiva. Tenía muchas ganas de leerlo, pero me daba un poco de miedo que las altas expectativas hicieran que me decepcionara con el libro. No ha sido así. Es verdad que le ha costado un poco arrancar, o que al menos a mí me ha costado meterme en la historia, pero una vez lo he hecho, ha sido genial. Con Blue todavía tengo mis reservas y no sé si me gusta o no, pero bueno, preferencias aparte la verdad es que me encanta la trama que ha construido Stiefvater, todo el tema de las líneas ley y de Glendower (y eso que me costó entenderlo). Además el final te deja con muchas ganas de seguir leyendo. Es un sí para mí.

cortanawielders's review against another edition

i honestly don't remember a single thing about this book, just that i was confused as fuck half the time. gotta reread soon

w1segirl's review against another edition

RTC

keeperofthetrees's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny mysterious sad slow-paced

amazing showstopping beautiful never seen before mind blowing

lotesofbooks's review against another edition

Gemma's going to be so mad at me, I can feel it already.

What a dissapointing book to end the year on. It wasn't that it was awful it just wasn't brilliant. I think the problem was that I didn't understand it. I didn't get attached to any of the characters or really feel anything for them. I just felt lost whilst reading it like every chapter was part of a different story or I'd missed out on something.