The Sun Is Also a Star, by Nicola Yoon

ellsbeth's review against another edition

This book is both visually and linguistically beautiful.

paz_'s review against another edition

I loved this one. Almost as much as I did Everything, Everything

There’re not enough words to describe this book without spoiling it a little. So if you still hadn't pick this up, please know is a recommend from me.

Now if you must know something about the book before picking it up. I'll start with the thing that completely blew me over: the side character's chapters. It made the story so much deeper and real for me.

This is like a minor spoiler, I guess, but I found myself asking the main character why she immediately though x thing of this other character and I wondered if it was true, if perhaps that person fitted in the words that described her. Soon after the mc was proved wrong by that person’s chapter and since I was listening to the book, I hadn’t seen it coming in the next pages. Yes, I was smiling like a fool, for we rarely see the perspective of the people around the main characters. It was refreshing and I hope to see more books using this style.

I appreciated all the mold braking characters and how different they were from each other. Natasha is so smart and grounded, it made me relate to her immediately. And yet Daniel was so happy living in his clouds that made me want to fly right alongside him. I love them so much and I can't believe the story is over now.

The plot had me waiting at the edge of my seat, which was a somewhat tragical comedy from my part, since every scene had its importance and I couldn't help but want to know the end and yet I was enjoying the ride (I know it probably I'm not making sense here)

This is as far I can go without getting into spoilers. So again, If you’re like me and waited this long to give this story a chance, do yourself a favor and pick this book up.

locaxlibross's review against another edition

A diferencia del libro anterior de Yoon, no logre engancharme con El sol también es una estrella.
Me gustó como está escrito y la dinámica de narrar un capitulo desde el punto de vista de cada protagonista, al ser capítulos muy cortos, la lectura es ágil.
Pero no logre conectar con ninguno de los protagonistas, si quiero destacar que me gusta que sus personajes sean siempre de diferentes nacionalidades y que muestre el choque entre ambas y las diferencias culturales y familiares.
Toda la historia trascurre en el mismo día, así que tal vez se pierde un poco el desarrollo y las cosas se suceden muy rápido una detrás de otra.
La historia nos muestra como cada decisión que tomamos va alterando nuestro futuro, pero hay veces que por mas que lo intentemos, hay situaciones que escapan de nuestras posibilidades y tenemos que tomarlas como vienen.

bujobookdragon's review against another edition

Loved this!!!!

bookswithstella's review against another edition

SO GOOD!!!

mackshill's review against another edition

This book was absolutely jaw-dropping. It made me laugh, cry, smile, and ache. It tied up all loose ends and it just goes to show how powerful love is.

isabelanunes's review against another edition

My friend recommended me The Sun Is Also A Star, but I did not like this book. I didnt even manage to finish reading it. The way it was written made me feel like it would never end and the whole destiny thing was too unrealistic... I stopped reading at the page 118

katiemirren's review

challenging hopeful informative fast-paced

keiram30's review against another edition

“Maybe part of falling in love with someone else’s is also falling in love with yourself.”

I loved this book so much Natasha and Daniel are just the cutest most loveable characters. I really love the way this book was written with the parts from all the people they interact with in their day and how what they have done affects their lives. Also Daniel is proper swoon worthy 😂!

nnvrro's review against another edition

Reading this was like eating a big fat ice cream sundae - overly sweet but just made me feel good.