Gypsy Freak, by Kristy Cunning

bookexpression's review

Gypsy Freak is the second book in the All The Pretty Monsters Series, and it blew the first book out of the water if that was even possible! The first book, Gypsy Blood, is so amazing. I love the fact that one of the men is... different than the others. A lot of reverse harems men are too perfect and automatically fall at the main characters feet, I love that the men in this book are stubborn and hard-headed. The dark humor in this series is so.... refreshingly dark. Plus having our main character actually be fighting and not relying on other people is really nice as well!

mompkin's review

Not nearly as fun as the first because of spoilers.

daisyw2e's review

when was the last time i read a fantasy/paranormal romance with a good and gripping plot? this is now filed under my favorite book series of all time. violet is a fave heroine of mine as well.

on to the next book!!!!

dreamer4ever's review

I'm still not sure about this series, for reasons I can't yet put together, I'm still quite confused, not as much as the first book but still confused. I am going to read the next one as I believe were finally going to get the huge backstory which I have a feeling may make a very big difference. I am wondering just what in the hell is going on and this story has sucked me in, so I'll hang on and see what happens.

bookish_harriet's review

WOUUU OK

zazze91's review

adventurous challenging reflective slow-paced

book_witch23's review against another edition

DNF - 57% (chapter 18)
I love the paranormal aspect, the Gypsy and monsters and how they all interlink. It’s right up my alley and the mystery behind them all has me intrigued.
But I’ve realised I am not a reverse harem reader, I’m really struggling with the multiple love interests, especially as they are all so comfortable with sharing.
Also bugs me when in the mist of getting information exploring the mystery aspect and Violet cuts it short saying she’s had her fill of info. Umm I haven’t! I want more!
Anyway for me reading is my escape and at the moment I’m finding I’m not reaching to pick up the book to read so I’m going to stop here and maybe come back when I’m in a different head space.

marilanoire's review

adventurous dark funny mysterious medium-paced

Some parts of this book felt a bit slow and not all that relatable, but I liked it over all and can’t wait to start the next book.

annagwag's review against another edition

adventurous dark funny mysterious medium-paced

jessicareadsit's review

Kristy Cunning has managed to not only wet my appetite with delicious tidbits of the beginning of the curse but also provide just enough insights into our main characters to question everything we thought we knew in the first novel. Only a masterful author can carefully balance the thin line of portraying your characters as monsters while incorporating their humanity. She manages to capture the strength and beauty of the friendship between Anna and Violet and also allows room for Violet to grow independently.

The progression of all the characters really enhanced the story line for me as we delve into the past and discover the unlikely beginning of our beloved men. There also is a noticeable increase in the sexual drive of our heroine as the intentions of the men come to light.

After my read I ponder, are you really a good Gypsy friend if you do not loan your body to your ghostly friend to have her wicked way with a hot slice of man candy before she kicks the bucket? As Violet rightfully says " It’s a screwed up situation when you can’t spend your best friend’s possible last day with her because she needs to borrow your body"

Also it would be remiss of me to highlight these important "Anna's Rules to live by"
1) When in doubt ask "What would Anna do?"
2) Any time you envy a girl, it’s crucial you hate her.