Perfect on Paper, by Sophie Gonzales

cute

hayley07's review against another edition

hopeful lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

justjaqueline's review

This was so cute, a perfect fluffy summer read

haniaaaa's review against another edition

nowa comfort book

dwoht's review against another edition

funny informative inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

good bisexual representation!

i started reading this thinking it's the typical best friends to lovers story, turns out i was wrong but it's a good kind of wrong because i like the two main characters. they're cute and they complement each other well.

i know darcy will be revealed as the locker 89 but i still dreaded it and when it finally happened im so uncomfortable and embarrassed! darcy was held accountable of course and she's also self aware and tried to correct her mistakes as best as she can. darcy is relatable as all of the characters combined but darcy is something. she's endearing. (maybe because i see a bit of myself in her lol)

it also reminds me of sex education's first season where they also do relationship advice thingy which is cool.

i enjoyed this book despite the second hand embarassments that i felt. it's a great read, can't complain much.

mirandaisocoolike's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

This was like a warm hug. I really enjoyed reading this and getting to know everyone. Some characterisations/descriptions weren’t the best but like I barely think about that in the book as a whole. It was truly a fun and painful and joyous ride.

punkgremlin's review

lighthearted medium-paced

ailengarcia's review against another edition

Esperaba encontrarme con un romance contemporáneo más pero estúpida de mí porque este libro aborda temas suuuper importantes y lo hace de forma excelente. Especialmente la bifobia y la bifobia internalizada. Habla sobre cómo esos pequeños comentarios aparentemente no mal intencionados pueden ir afectando tu propia percepción y el cómo te relacionas. Muy muy bueno

bibliobliss_au's review

Looking for an example of great YA fiction? Perfect on Paper is it!

There was something about this book that gave me the nostalgia of the 80’s Brat Pack highschool movies I love, but with way more diversity & representation, of course.

I love the representation in this book & if you’re looking for a diverse YA or romance read with LGBTQ representation, this is the book for you! This is another book I wish had been around for my friends & I to read as we navigated the tricky years of highschool. I hope this book allows some young people to feel seen & that the brilliantly included relationship advice throughout also helps younger readers.

Perfect on Paper is brilliant. Check it out!

simpler's review