Bound by Hatred, by Cora Reilly

giigih's review against another edition

dark fast-paced

adorbzveah04's review against another edition

These two were made for each other. They both gave me a headache. They are crazy in love with each other. It's kinda cute to see Matteo already in love with Gianna first. We don't see enough of that like we should. Matteo knew Gianna wasn't like the others and still chased the world for her. Even when they broke up.

Despite this being an "arranged" marriage, Gianna's resilience is what made this book so fun and entertaining to read. She is truly a baddie and I love her. Some of her decisions did upset me a lot. I feel like she could have made better decisions but her upbringing, the abuse, and just her personality are what made her, her.

It was very cute to watch them fall in love. I love how the banter never stopped between them. They were really willing to do anything for each other.

loveydoveyrry's review against another edition

This was my most anticipated read! I’m so glad I finally read it!
I’ve always wanted to read Matteo and Gianna’s story ever since I saw a recommendation abt it on TikTok I think.

Gianna (I imagine her as Angelina Michelle)

She’s a very badass woman (as OW says)
Doesn’t let anyone step on her and would do anything that’s best for her.
She did get somewhat annoying but I’ll let it slide…

Matteo (I imagine his as Nick Bateman)

A very cocky person I do have to say.
The way he would do anything for Gianna and get her to be his wife is just heart-warming but he has a weird way to do it.
Like Luca, he did have a rough childhood and is where he is now.
I wouldn’t say it’s an enemy to lovers bc it's only one-sided that didn’t like the other.
I still don’t like Luca he’s not my favorite capo. The way he talked so bad about Gianna was very disgusting. I know he wants what’s best for Matteo but he shouldn’t have said those things about Gianna.
I will give some points to Aria but she’s still annoying and not my favorite as well.
I hated the way the family turned cold towards Gianna for doing what was best for her.
Overall, 4/5 stars still love Gianna and Matteo!

jasmineadetunji's review against another edition

*3.5 stars*
i found Gianna kind of annoying tbh. i understand that mafia men are not necessarily good people and the mafia is not a good thing generally, but i think she had a hard time accepting that she was born into it and couldn’t escape it. when she finally got a taste of “normal” life is when she realized how hard it is and could recognize that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, even if it was covered in blood.

she was extremely prideful and self-sabotaging which was EXTREMELY frustrating to read. she made things so much harder for herself and everyone around her and was completely aware of it but didn’t care bc of her pride.

nonetheless the book had an ending i was satisfied with and i really enjoyed the plot, action, conflict, and the spice.

umidk_jolina1's review against another edition

4.8⭐️
When I tell you I got so mad at times while reading this, IM NOT LYING! Especially towards the end! Im not spoiling but I literally almost stopped reading cause I was so mad but I love Gianna and Matteo together so much!!

weebna's review against another edition

It's not easy to enjoy this book to its fullest when you don't grow found of Gianna. There's a thing called being independent and another called being selfish. I completely understand her distaste for the life she grew into but putting her family, especially Aria, in danger was such a big no for me. Mostly because she didn't even give an opportunity to Matteo.
When Aria helped her, I was just so upset and the entire time Gianna was in Europe was infuriating because you just know she isn't cut off to a "normal" life and she knew it too. And she continued to annoy me throughout the entire book...
The main reason I enjoyed this book was because of Matteo. The way he talked and acted regarding Gianna was really so interesting to see... He never truly tried to hide his feelings for her and so far the other books hadn't shown that. Plus, he is just so hilarious.
The bonus part of this book is that it finally has a dual pov!
I initially scored this 2,5⭐️ but I changed it to 3⭐️ because of Matteo.

percyjacksons's review against another edition

dark tense medium-paced

lolii20's review against another edition

giovanna20's review against another edition

Review to come (Lo Scrigno delle letture)