The Crown, by Kiera Cass

reshelving's review against another edition

I could see that the story was deteriorating when I was reading The Heir. America's selection was written exquisitely: the romance was adorable, their relationships developed slowly but deeply and the sub-plot was interesting. Eadlyn's story was much harder to read as she was such a horrible character. She was spoiled, stuck-up and completely cold to all of the selected. I didn't have a problem with that, until she suddenly turned into a giggling girl. The romance came out of nowhere and there was no build up. It was just BAM! Now she fancies these guys. Then she was in love with one of them and they hadn't focused on their relationship at all. Overall it was quite disappointing.

mishkaroni's review against another edition

Not the choice or ending I expected at all. Not as impressed with book 4 and 5 as I was with the first 3. And hopefully the author is done with this series.

maddiedresen's review against another edition

why she ended up with Kyle??? IDK

carmenbailey's review against another edition

Meh

I did like how it focused on Eadlyn becoming a strong, kind woman--much more grown-up and likable than before. But let's be real, I read these books for the romance and honestly, it was lacking in this final book. It wasn't bad, but it was a letdown considering how much I enjoyed the other books.

howardsgirl1's review

My recommendation with this series would be read the first 3 books and forget these last two. It was a perfect trilogy. I am going to choose to forget these were part of it fairytale.

kamsuma's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

connorsrose's review against another edition

3 stars only for the few kile&eadlyn scenes and maxonamerica<3 I liked Eikko but they literally had 1 scene and suddenly was all “daddy, i love him more than my title.”

kile and eadlyn should’ve been endgame, their chemistry is wasted potential

emilieadele's review against another edition

update: 3 stars. WHY WASNT IT KILE, I WANTED IT TO BE KILE.

3.75 stars. only thing missing for this book to be a 5 star read is the fact that i was bored through all that queen-leading-the-country shit. AND MORE EIKKO SCENES. hell i feel robbed. i love these characters so much, it’s sad this was the last book. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THOSE MAXONAMERICA SCENES??? fucking hell they had me crying so much. and maxon talking about his scars... i am tearing up just thinking about it.

swwannii's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted tense fast-paced

whokilledthepigeon's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced