Popel Babylonu, by James S.A. Corey

writinwater's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful tense medium-paced

alternaivan's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful relaxing tense medium-paced

amanda_shelflove's review against another edition

I found this one boring.

gregwright's review against another edition

Not my favorite in the series so far, had a bit of trouble getting into all the different characters he introduces this time.

poisonenvy's review against another edition

There's just a lot that I love about this series, and all of it is just as present in this book as the the others.

It's easy, sometimes, to think of acts of war as things on a page and nothing else, and Corey manages, continually, to humanize these conflicts and these events in a way that not a lot of other authors do. I also love the diversity of the world-building; the queerness and the polyamory of the worldbuilding always fills me with joy. I did not love the
Spoilerdeus ex machina
at the end, but it wasn't so jarring to as have taken any enjoyment from the story as a whole.

This book was different from the others in that there are a lot of different perspectives (other books have limited it to around 4 - 5), but this doesn't detract at all from the story and was, in fact, probably a good choice. I loved seeing old perspective characters come back - the book ends by and old favourite was really nice, along with the odd interjection chapters from another - and it really helped tie everything together.

Looking forward to the next!

tegaaa's review against another edition

really good book in the vain of the series. This is what I call a "middle" book meaning that it's an end of things and beginning of others. Looking forward to the next one.

starfondant's review against another edition

Another solid entry in the Expanse series. This book switches between almost 20 different viewpoints as opposed to 4 in the previous books, which is a bit of a mixed bag, imo. On the one hand, if you hate one of the POVs, you're not stuck with it for 25% of the book (a big problem with books 3 & 4 for me). On the other hand, it added complexity and length to the book that I'm not sure that it needed. I was overwhelmed by all the characters and locations and found my attention drifting in the middle parts of the book and the more complicated action sequences. Really great ending, though. I'm so attached to these characters!

justinandallison's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

cosmoscommmander's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional tense medium-paced

zworlund's review against another edition

adventurous dark inspiring reflective tense medium-paced