Dance of Thieves, by Mary E. Pearson

fettuccine100's review

This was 500 pages????? Wow
I loved this book! The plot didn't circle entirely around romance which made it so interesting. The histories, betrayal, the way things fell together and and then suddenly apart for the characters was so fun to read.
The way Kazi and Jase felt guilt and love was just so perfect. I'd read this over and over again (well maybe just my kindle highlights cause I'm lazy)

miarose8751's review

adventurous fast-paced

m4r7h4's review

adventurous emotional tense medium-paced

milla_nasstrom's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

livroberts10's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It took me a while to get through it, but not because it was slow or I wasn’t enjoying it. I really wanted to savor the book because I loved it. Jase and Kazi 🫶 that’s all. All though the ending was a little bit rushed I felt and the very last chapter was kind of weird. I’m excited to read the next book though!!

sophiet4's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

This was really good, first 50 pages were confusing, but bro after that it got so good, couldn’t put it down even when I should have to study for Spanish

kcorboha's review

4.5 stars! I ate this up in one sitting and sacrificed sleep for it. It is now 5am and the birds are chirping outside. Lol. Okay, so there was a lot of history, storytelling, and miscommunication -- all of which aren't my favorite things in excess... However, there was ALSO a complex plot, incredible characters, amazing relationships, and great dialogue! May I emphasize -- INCREDIBLE characters and AMAZING relationships?! Kazi, Wren, and Synove are badass, honed weapons for the Queen. They don't need a man to protect them. They're also loyal, supportive friends. Kazi, the MC, is not only a skilled fighter, but she's also talented at thievery. She's clever, strong, compassionate, and fights relentlessly for what she believes in. Jase is awesome too! Not as much of a fighter as the girls, but he's honorable, kind, and has a good head on his shoulders. He's prideful, but he truly cares about his family and his people, and about doing the right thing for them all. He and Kazi complement each other perfectly! Ugh, I really couldn't put the book down and I can't wait for the sequel <3 Finally, I read Kiss of Deception, but not the other two books in the series, and while there are character overlaps, I was not terribly thrown off. There are some explanations, so you're not totally lost. That being said, I would parrot what other reviewers say and recommend that you read The Remnant Chronicles first, so you can better understand the complexities of what is going on in this fantasy world!

rather_b_reading's review

Middle of the road. I felt like not much happened. Lots of enemies to lovers romance with hints at complex politics. Quick read, but not for me.

melissalivanos's review