The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini

mintmads's review against another edition

dark emotional sad medium-paced

Trigger warnings, trauma, sexual abuse, war, physical abuse, suicide attempt, murder

anitahp's review against another edition

I'm going to need a few days to fully process this one. I can say without a doubt that this book is beautifully written. I read A Thousand Splendid Suns a few years ago, and I do truly love his writing style. The story is so interesting and in-depth. But I had trouble getting through it. I've discovered that I am much more sensitive to suffering than I was before - especially the suffering of children. It's very hard to read in many parts. It is, at its core, a book about whether or not redemption is possible. There's an element of things coming full circle as well, which is always nice.

brainsugar's review against another edition

No ninth grader should be reading this book. Fuck you anuraksha why did you do this to me?

lost_in_stereo's review against another edition

challenging emotional sad medium-paced

benny_20's review against another edition

dark sad slow-paced

c_dmckinney's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional sad tense medium-paced

danial_yazdaniii's review against another edition

Speechless. Utterly speechless. Hands down the best book, and now my favourite book, that I have ever read (and thats coming from someone who is divided amongst many genres). This book is incredible, from its complex characterisation to its sensitive subject- every single detail brings me to tears. Baba reminded me of my own grandfather, the Farsi embedded into the English was so special, and the tragic plot points were equally gut wrenching as they were poignant. Khaled Hosseini is truely a visionary in representing a generation torn from the progress of their homeland and sent into exile whilst dealing with numerous hurdles of life thrown at them along the way. I. LOVED. IT.

bradfordhigdon's review against another edition

My least favorite Khaled Hosseini book, but my third most favorite book of all time.

brnnams's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective sad tense fast-paced

marla0505's review against another edition

This book was AMAZING, but it was difficult emotionally to read...very real characters that still come to mind weeks later...