The Lawrence Browne Affair, by Cat Sebastian

ezraaa's review

lighthearted fast-paced

lucyhargrave's review against another edition

I really enjoyed reading the second novel by Cat Sebastian. Jack's brother Georgie Turner intrigued me in the first book and he came alive in The Lawrence Browne Affair.

I loved watching Georgie and Lawrence dance around they're attraction to each other. We saw as they both struggled to overcome the demons in their pasts, neither believing they deserved love. Also the setting of a spooky, falling to ruin estate in Cornwall only added to the slightly gothic feel of the book, which personally I really enjoyed. Georgie and Lawrence complimented each other, making the other stronger and I completely brought their HEA.

The only thing that slightly dampened my enjoyment was the ending felt a little rushed. Overall though The Lawrence Browne Affair is a solid four star read!

fleurjlbooth's review against another edition

cute popcorn for the brain :)

pandaplantain's review

emotional fast-paced

kelseyvsy's review

I'm so happy to have found a regency m/m author that is amazing at characters and writing and plot! I feel like I've hit the jackpot! and I can't wait for more from this author.

arthur_of_camelot's review

This was honestly such a good book! I loved both the main characters, but especially Lawrence: although the word itself is never used, the narrative makes it as clear as possible for the nineteenth century that he's autistic, without falling into harmful tropes.

His LI Georgie is such a sweetie too, despite being a con man and a rake. He already accepts that he's attracted to both men and women, and he helps Lawrence accept his attraction to men without pushing him or "showing him" without permission, a really big squick no-no for me. There's lots of explicit consent and each character making sure the other is OK and wants those actions before doing them, plus a dog and a child and lots of adorableness in general!

kite's review

beonikii's review

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa this is my first time reading one of these things.... and it didn’t disappoint. There was actually a decent plot! I’m not gonna lie, part of the reason why I picked this up, as I was dusting romance, was because Lawrence was portrayed as a mad scientist

chaosqueen's review

Dear lord, the emotions Cat Sebastian wrestled from me. She is a master of romance. Gay historical romance, to be exact. This book was so good, I immediately one-click bought the other two in this series. On the merit of this book alone. That is how good this book is. Lawrence and Georgie were everything.

Cat, you're a bloody genius.

e_flah's review

The Lawrence Browne Affair was entertaining but I found myself not as dazzled by it as I was by The Soldier's Scoundrel. This was probably due almost entirely to my romance novel preferences and nothing to do with the book itself.