Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson

dajoyofit's review

Great story. Definitely didn't go or end the way I thought it would. But it was perfect the way William's and Shandi's stories unraveled.

themack's review

I give this 3.5. Backseat Saints is still my favorite j.jackson book... But her stories are always empowering to women which always keeps me coming back for more.

melicious52's review

I did audio, and I don’t think the author is the right narrator for this. Her voice and mannerisms did not fit the main character. Maybe I’ll try again in print.

somanybookstoread's review

I read Someone Else's Love Story for my book club, which I enjoy. But enjoy this book I did not! This takes the cake as the smuttiest most hyper-sexual for no good reason book I've read in quite some time. It wasn't well written, the characters weren't well-rendered, and the plot was irritating. The pacing was way off. Along the reader went with a kind of boring story until the end when BAM a whole bunch of stuff happens much too quickly. This one read like a bad romance that went to press quite a few drafts too soon.

browardvanessa's review against another edition

It was a little unexpected and yet expected. I enjoyed how they story was told and how there was eventually a happy ending to make me happy.

shirleytupperfreeman's review against another edition

This is a quirky, clever love story. In fact, there are two main love stories and bits of a third all woven together. I liked the characters and laughed out loud a couple times. There is a brilliant young man with Asperger's and a broken heart, a witty young woman, an amazing 3 year old, fraternity hazing, clash of religions, and a gas station robbery gone haywire to bring it all together. A good beach read.

amandap716's review

This one just didn't do it for me, which is a shame because I've liked everything else I've read from this author.

mg_in_md_'s review

This is the first book I've read by this author and it definitely won't be the last. The story tackled some big themes that make you want to explore the gray areas in seemingly black and white issues. The author deftly handles complex themes in a believable way and takes the reader along the journey of twists and turns that the characters experience. Although the plot was difficult at times because of the issues involved, I found myself eager to find out what came next and seeing how the title applied to each character.

pjgoebel's review

It was a good read, I enjoy the author and her witty and flawed characters

judithdcollins's review against another edition

Joshilyn Jackson's SOMEONE ELSE'S LOVE STORY, a complex, brilliantly written and inspiring love story!

I recently discovered this author through some other fellow authors; Wow, so glad I did---Since then been catching up with her back list. Southern Jackson is highly talented ; creative and love the way she thinks "outside the box" not afraid to tackle any issue.

Highly recommend the audio version--Jackson is the narrator, which is always special (like who knows the book better than the author)? I found when listening via ipod, it is not a mindless book; you need to pay attention-- you do not want to miss any part of this story. (I found myself stopping--if someone interrupted me I would have to rewind to the beginning of the track; It is this GOOD- you do not want to miss a word or phrase!

I would not change a thing about this book -carefully developed, full of suspense, southern humor, rich characters, and quite engaging--covering so many diverse topics and feelings. Hats off to the author for pulling you in from beginning to the end--and giving you enough to keep you hanging throughout. Superb!

A thought-provoking read ideal for book clubs and further discussions. Would encourage readers to review all the reviews on Goodreads and other sites (not the spoilers). A beautiful and inspiring love story which makes you think about this book and the characters, long after the ending. A Winner!

Check out her latest, The Opposite of Everyone Coming Feb 16, 2016.