The Unhoneymooners, by Christina Lauren

whitegrove's review against another edition

funny medium-paced

akrioma's review against another edition

twistedreader's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

msmelinac89's review against another edition

Did not finish it! I got half way through the book and could not put myself through anymore of it. For me it was the worst book of the year. This was a first time read from this author and probably will be the last.

jordbrace's review against another edition

cameron96's review against another edition

It was OK. Got bored about 60% through and DNF’d

sararainsberry's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

moony_reads_'s review against another edition

This was so fun to read !! I laughed and swoon and fan-girled so much it was hard to put it down !

lyssak's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

vibrantcolours's review against another edition

Ughh I don't know! I think this book achieves what it is trying to do, but I realized too late that I wasn't the best headspace for this type of rom com.

Also, big personal beef near the end:
SpoilerI admit I am not a fan of reading about misunderstanding. The double-whammy of Olive getting fired and Ethan (plus more understandably Ami) not believing her really dented my enjoyment. Forgiving your sister for this, absolutely, but I would find it quite hard to take someone back after that weird disbelief and gaslighting. Like, I'm trying to get it... but yikes. Believe women.

I promise it's not a gatekeepy-thing, just made it less enjoyable. Honestly, after a fun maybe two-thirds of this book, I expected some kind of relational blip, but it was just a giant stream of "oh no oh no" followed by some awkward backpedalling.
That note aside, things did wrap up nicely. I particularly liked the extra depth from how personal growth, purpose, and family played important roles, rather than only showing the romance.

cw:
Spoilerinfidelity, jealousy kind of, sexual harassment (not between leads), gaslighting and just all around not great vibes discussed above