Trials of Death, by Darren Shan

belle165's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional fast-paced

bwaah's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional sad fast-paced

goldenslug's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

cadigana's review against another edition

adventurous dark funny fast-paced

HARKAT SUPREMACY

titanic's review against another edition

i think this and the first book are my favourites of this series so far

delijha711's review against another edition

Now this book is definitely the one that has brought this series into the forefront! This book is the reason why this series is amazing!
Darren has finally become a character who is honrable and reedamable and worthy of enjoyment.
The trials were intense from him being in the maze with water rising, from the needles to the nailbiting fire one! All so intense and I love how he has commanded so much respect from all types of Vampires that they all come to his aid when he was hurt.
I get where Harkat was coming from defending Darren the way he did but I also am furious with what he did. But I would have done the same for someone I see as my good friend. BUT THE REAL DRAMA STARTED WHEN THEY TRIED TO HIDE DARREN! I love Gavner Purl (I am listening to the book so I am not sure if I am spelling anyone's name correctly) and I LOATHE Kurda passionately and I was always suspicious of him and I was proven right! He killed Gavner and is working with the Vampenize! How dare you! So glad this series is over because I cannot imagine waiting for the next one to come out.

hayley12337's review against another edition

The three stars are only for the last couple of chapters.
Throughout the majority of the book, sadly, it was only worth two stars.

angharadmair's review against another edition

I did enjoy this book and it's definitely my favourite of the series. The ordeal set before Darren is quite entertaining; knowing he has to survive five deadly tasks which succeed in killing plenty full vampires makes the whole thing that much more intriguing! The ending caught me off guard too; so that was a plus! I had an inkling that something along those lines was going to occur but the way in which it was written and executed shocked me.

youreadtoomuch's review against another edition

This was a surprisingly exciting little book. It had me there at the end and was shocked it was over already! Maybe my journey through this series isn't over as the last book made me feel.

mrswhiscombe's review against another edition

Overall it’s a good book but it’s getting very frustrating with “the to be continued” ending half way through a story. I would like to be able to read the story in one while book instead of it being dragged out into 12 books. Feels unnecessary and just a way to make people spend more money than needed. So glad I’m hurrying and not buying these books. This book did have a big twist in it and it did make me cry a bit but it didn’t need to be a different book, it could have been part of the previous books