One of Us Is Next, by Karen M. McManus

mysterious tense fast-paced

smd5687's review against another edition

mysterious tense fast-paced

peytonnora's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

kendrickfe's review

adventurous challenging funny hopeful mysterious fast-paced

chloe_ann09's review

adventurous emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

georgia5xg's review

It’s okay, felt like it was building them just kinda stops. Characters/tension definitely not as strong as the first, unfortunately characters from the first book that reappeared felt very off. The last third also had a very strong fanfiction-y feel, especially with how they wrapped every characters plot up.

katie_pip07's review

Spoiler it was too predictable and a waste of time because it was obvious simon committed suicide when all his classmates were away from him when he died so my opinion don’t waste your time on the book easy peasy

remuskinnie's review

THE END WAS COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED.
I was pretty sure it was Emma all the time but OWEN???? I am still in shock. (You should have seen my face when i understood it was him lmao) Also what happened next?? Did they understand the girls are lying, did Emma take the blame?

Anyways it was pretty good and easy to read. I kinda missed the first book when i was reading, it had more povs which makes the book more enjoyable.

It wasnt perfect but you should definitely read it!!!

lucie33's review against another edition

when i finished it, i gave it a 5/5 stars, but i took two days to rethink about it and i changed my mind.

so. it's a good thriller, the end is unexpected and the characters are likeable. overall, i liked that book a lot.

however, during these last 2 days, i found a 2 major disturbing points.

1) although i loved seeing the characters from the previous book (especially bronwyn and nate who were the main reason why i wanted to read this book), i did think some appearances were maybe a bit unecessery. i think it was just to appeal readers like me, who wanted to see more from these characters. i was appealed but retrospectively i just find it maybe ... a bit too much.

2) the adults are totally useless. and so is the police. i mean ... they are insisting on their anti-bullying or whatever policy but they don't find out anything that is going on in this school. like, their incompetence upset me.

these two things cost this book a star for me. still think it was worth the reading so i would recommend it

rainbowbookworm's review

The book was interesting, but the ending is too open for my taste.