The Worst Best Man, by Mia Sosa

Story: 5 ⭐️
Steam: 4/6

cassyglitz's review

INSTAGRAM REVIEW!

This was a light, humorous read and had two major themes: LOVE, and FAMILY. It also focused on the female characters who were all smart, strong women so feminism is the third, understated, and yet highlighted theme. Although it was extremely cliché(which suits my mood sometimes), the characters were easy to love, except Andrew Hartley.

I enjoyed it because it had moments of lessons and laughter.

According to the news, Project X Entertainment will be making this book into a movie! I do hope they get the characters and the plot right.

jessicasd's review

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

madeline_is_so_cool's review against another edition

Eh. This was okay. The chemistry wasn’t all that believable, the reason she hated the guy was kind of iffy, and the guy everything circles around - Andrew - is barely in the book at all. We have no idea why she ever wanted to marry him or why anyone even cares what he says or thinks. He’s a cardboard cutout of a character. I did like the sprinkle of culture and on page Portuguese. But overall this was a bit of a yawn. I kept waiting for it to get cuter and it just didn’t wow me.

saustin90's review against another edition

Eh. This was 2.5 rounded up to 3 because the banter was cute. But I never felt any attachment to the characters. I wasn’t rooting for them. Lina was hard to like. The author gave her a very hard exterior almost to the point where I never felt I understood her personally. Idk. It just wasn’t there for me.

monicalikesbooks's review

fast-paced

adaim's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

readsbykatj's review

GENUINELY ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS IVE READ. Their love story is one of my favorites and I am so obsessed and in love with Max and Lina - both separately and together. Max is the sweetest soul, and Lina is such a bad ass. It took me a bit to get into, but it was worth it. I loved their banter and chemistry.

bookedwithsylvia's review

4.5⭐️
My favorite things about book written by diverse authors are the culture, relationships, traditions and just how much love and care can be felt while reading