Namesake, by Adrienne Young

olivia1007's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

booksgamesart's review

*Review may contain mild spoilers.*

Another quick read, enjoyable enough, though I didn't like feeling trapped throughout most of the book. Additionally, while some characters displayed a degree of complexity, others were extremely one-dimensional. Also, West's affection for Fable seemed to walk a tight line between devotion and unhealthy obsession. It was obvious that he harbored a crush, but Fable's affection for him seemed less rooted. I found myself wanting a deeper foundation for their devotion and wasn't entirely sure I wanted their relationship to continue. I enjoyed the portrayal of Saint, descriptions of the dives, and experiencing some of Fable's descoveries, even if one or two of them were very predictable. I hope you'll read the duology and share your response.

constancelyreading's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

greenghoul13's review against another edition

4.5 stars

kmc0168's review against another edition

Very sweet! Great ending!

mlludwig's review against another edition

Really enjoyed the first half, but wasn't invested in the second where it tried for political games that never seemed to matter. Also got tired of Fable & West making promises to each other and then breaking them two pages later. Rinse and repeat, neither ever listening to the other. Overall still a decent sequel though, and satisfying conclusion.

obryana's review against another edition

This book kind of fell flat for me. I kept waiting for it to pick up but it failed to capture my interest at any point.

edgy5ever's review

adventurous emotional inspiring medium-paced

thecrackheadonbooks's review against another edition

I love this duology.
All the characters were well written and *deep sigh* West and Fable are the FCE. I had butterflies everytime they had a moment together. I also loved
SpoilerSaint's redemption arc and when he claimed Fable as his daughter *deep sigh again* I wanted to cry so badly!!
I can't wait to reread it over and over again.

nclcaitlin's review against another edition

adventurous

Namesake #2
⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3.5

I found the twists obvious and the character development blander than the first book.
It may be because the series is written with an enjoyable simplicity which makes it perfect for a one-sitting beach read.