An Unfinished Story by Boo Walker

tafell7's review against another edition

slow-paced

caitybell13's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring mysterious slow-paced

culinaryjules's review against another edition

The story was fantastic although slightly predictable. The audio version was terrible - the 2 people reading it did a really poor job. If you’re going to read this book, just read it.

mrsgalvan23's review against another edition

I am having trouble finding the words to explain how much I loved this book. The writing, the characters, the story; all of it was perfection. I'm an instant fan of Boo Walker after reading this and can't wait to read his other books.
You too will fall in love with Claire and Whitaker and the journey they go on together. Whitaker is funny and instantly lovable. He is struggling with failure; recently divorced, unable to write a follow up to his best selling novel, turned film after 10 years. He feels like he is washed up. He then meets widow Claire, who is also struggling with moving on from losing her husband. Claire begs Whitaker to help her finish a novel started by her deceased husband and together they both help each other heal This book is a perfect example that everything happens for a reason. I absolutely loved the way the story unfolded. It was absolutely beautiful and my eyes were definitely not dry at the end.
Boo Walker you are an amazing writer and beautiful story teller. Thank you.

channing_laughridge's review against another edition

inspiring medium-paced

hblitstein's review against another edition

I. Loved. This. Book. Boo Walker always gets me. I thought the pacing of the story was perfect. The way Claire and Whitaker blossomed and became friends, and of course, how the story ended. I think this sheds light on the importance of the foster care system. However, I believe Oliver’s story is one of the “lucky” ones. And that’s not how it should be.

I felt such deep emotion reading Walker’s story. I wish there would be a sequel!

kittietta's review against another edition

I just loved this story. Read it in one sitting! Well written and heart breaking ( I had sniffles in spots, lol) I loved the plot and the ending was wonderful! While I wasnt overly fond of the character Whitaker Grant ( not exactly sure why? Seemed somewhat disconnected from the story somehow. I struggled when reading his story in the beginning ) I really liked the other characters. Giving a 4 star and a recommendation you read this one! I will be checking out more if this authors books!

Thank you Netgalley the author and publisher for an ARC of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

donnareadathon2021's review against another edition

The story
Claire was widowed when her architect husband Mark was killed in a car accident. He mentioned he was bringing someone home to supper but she never found out who that was. When she is packing up her house three years after Mark’s death, she finds three comprehension books filled with his writing. The story of a foster child Orlando and a man that befriends him. Claire tries to convince local writer, and one-hit-wonder, Whitaker to polish the story and finish it. But he is in such a depressed state, can he even contemplate this task and do it justice?

My thoughts
I read Boo Walker’s The Singing Trees months ago and loved it. I loved this story so much, I was totally invested in the relationship between Claire and Whitaker, how Mark came up with the story and the slump that both Claire and Whitaker found themselves in. This is such a gorgeous read.

elidhios's review against another edition

Me costó terminarlo, la premisa del libro me encantó y estaba muy emocionada pero el estilo de escritura me pareció tedioso y a ese punto la historia no me importaba mucho. No es mi estilo de libro, pero estoy segura de que a muchos les va a gustar. Gracias a la editorial y a NetGalley por la copia adelantada!

thereadingcat15's review against another edition

The full book review will be posted on my blog this Saturday. I will update this post with a link.